Facebook Background Usage???

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Turning off background App Refresh is not what you need to do. It's there to help. Apps that run in the background do so with or without Background App Refresh being on. The problem is apps like Facebook that hang out in the background too long. Most apps don't stay in the background but a very short time. That's normal and doesn't use a lot of battery. Refresh was put in place by Apple when iOS 7 began. It's to help apps in the background to be more efficient. Turning it off only hurts. I have a small number of apps that stay in the background too long. I try to keep those swiped out of multitasking when I'm done with them. But I don't swipe all apps out. Not necessary. You probably only have 2 or 3 problem apps. What is your usage time?

Yesterday I only got 6 hours 45 minutes usage because of Facebooks nonsense. The worst part is I have to keep it on my phone because all my games are connected to it. It's seriously getting ridiculous. Before the most recent update from Facebook I was getting seven and a half hours to eight hours usage now this

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday I only got 6 hours 45 minutes usage because of Facebooks nonsense. The worst part is I have to keep it on my phone because all my games are connected to it. It's seriously getting ridiculous. Before the most recent update from Facebook I was getting seven and a half hours to eight hours usage now this

Might not all be Facebook. Try swiping Facebook out of multitasking when you get done using it. See if it changes.

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
They've had a bug for a while. They tried to fix it, but only fixed part of it. I keep it swiped out of multitasking. I do that after each time I use the app. I've been using Friendly+ mostly. It works great for Facebook.

my facebook shows 30% and I keep it swiped out each time also along with most other apps. I think I will just logout of facebook in addition to swipping out and see if that makes any difference

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
my facebook shows 30% and I keep it swiped out each time also along with most other apps. I think I will just logout of facebook in addition to swipping out and see if that makes any difference

The main apps I have trouble with are Facebook, stock Mail app, and TapaTalk. The others behave.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2