Why can't I get mail in iOS 9.1?

I

iMore Question

Cannot get mail- iOS 9.1

I just updated to iOS9 and now I cannot access my email.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Cannot get mail- iOS 9.1

Welcome to iMore! Are you using the stock Mail app or a third party mail app (i.e. Gmail, Yahoo!, Outlook)? Are you getting an error message when you try to check your mail? A few things you can try:

1. Hard reset your device by holding down the power button and home button simultaneously until you see the Apple logo.
2. Remove your email account from your device and then add it back in. Go to Settings > Mail Contacts, Calendars, then tap on your email account and tap Delete Account. Then, go back to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, tap on Account Account, select your email provider, and follow the steps to enter your login credentials.

If you're still experiencing issues, please reply back with further details and we can go from there.:)

sgesualdi

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
Re: Cannot get mail- iOS 9.1

My stock mail app is not checking mail regularly. It is set to fetch every 15 minutes but it can go hours without checking until I go into the mail app then it checks. I know it's not checking because it says at the bottom "last checked" and the time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2