Downloading music

pttptppt

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, so I'm not new to iOS, but I took a break from iOS for a few years to use a bb10 device. On that device, I could easily download music and see it through the music app. On iOS on the other hand, I can download music with certain apps but they say to connect to iTunes if I want to put it in my music app. I no longer have a computer so is there an alternative way to put music that I download on my phone, into the music app?

Thanks

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
No. You have 2 choices without subscribing to Music. One is to buy your songs from iTunes. The other is to use iTunes on the computer. I wish it were easier and more convenient than that myself.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, so I'm not new to iOS, but I took a break from iOS for a few years to use a bb10 device. On that device, I could easily download music and see it through the music app. On iOS on the other hand, I can download music with certain apps but they say to connect to iTunes if I want to put it in my music app. I no longer have a computer so is there an alternative way to put music that I download on my phone, into the music app?

Thanks

I download music from Amazon or other online stores regularly on my iPhone. I can't play that music file from my iTunes music library without first transferring it to my desktop PC with iTunes and then to my iTunes music library and syncing it with my phone, because apps are sandboxed, and iTunes music library on iOS is also sandboxed. But I can play the music I've downloaded from Amazon or where ever from the app I downloaded it from, as long as that 3rd party app supports it, such as iCab web browser.

Remember, apps are sandboxed, and that applies to all files that apps download, not just music files. Safari does not have in-app-storage for downloading files, though if you have an app like VLC, Safari will prompt you to open the audio file from within VLC and will save the file in VLC's in-app-storage.

As a musician, there are ways to share music files across apps, using audio sharing, which has been around since iOS 6, I believe. Even GarageBand and iTunes support it, but app developers have to support the feature, not all do.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro