Desktop site vs. Mobile site

AnBad

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi!
Since some days out of the sudden Google search results are shown as google mobile site results on my Ipad Air 2. I don't want that on my Ipad. I would like to have all sites as desktop site. What can I do?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Select the icon of a square with an arrow pointing upward and then select desktop view.

BB-JAM215

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Forcing Google to reload the Desktop version is only a one time fix. There should be an option to make this preferance permanent. I've noticed for some time now that Apple seems to be using iPhone conventions more on the iPad.
Surely the iPad Pro isn't going to default to the mobile version for a Google search.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Forcing Google to reload the Desktop version is only a one time fix. There should be an option to make this preferance permanent. I've noticed for some time now that Apple seems to be using iPhone conventions more on the iPad.
Surely the iPad Pro isn't going to default to the mobile version for a Google search.

It has to do with cookies and website data stored by Google on your device. Clearing cookies and website data sometimes helps.

BB-JAM215

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
It has to do with cookies and website data stored by Google on your device. Clearing cookies and website data sometimes helps.

Thanks. That seems to have fixed the problem with Safari. I was also going to do the same thing with Chrome but I noticed there is a menu option to "Request Desktop Site" -- something that Safari should have as well.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I get frustrated with the mobile view. You can't zoom the mobile view. I try switching to desktop, but it doesn't always work. Sometimes I have to tap the arrow on the share sheet several times for it to work. It's that way with iMore. I hate using the iMore mobile view. It doesn't have everything and you can't zoom. I also wish there were a permanent set option.

Last edited:

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. That seems to have fixed the problem with Safari. I was also going to do the same thing with Chrome but I noticed there is a menu option to "Request Desktop Site" -- something that Safari should have as well.

If you want a faster way of reloading the desktop version of a site, press and hold the refresh icon in the browser address bar, then select "Request Desktop Site".

By the way, welcome fellow BlackBerry fan :) I'm still a fan, but not liking the current offering.

Last edited:

BB-JAM215

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
HThe
If you want a faster way of reloading the desktop version of a site, press and hold the refresh icon in the browser address bar, then select "Request Desktop Site".

By the way, welcome fellow BlackBerry fan :) I'm still a fan, but not liking the current offering.

I have been using the press and hold method since this issue started. The other method is more trouble and is still only a one time fix.

And, yes, it's time explore Mobile Nations a bit more. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro