iOS 9.1 - Mail running excessively in background
Running iOS 9.1 on an iPhone 6+. For about the past week, the stock mail app is running excessively in the background and is killing my battery life. The only way to make it stop is to kill the app after every time I check my mail.
Background app refresh is off and mail is set to fetch once per hour.
Anyone else experiencing this or have any possible solutions?
- 11-04-2015, 06:40 AM #2
Re: iOS 9.1 - Mail running excessively in background
I had this problem a few times on iOS 7.x and iPhone 5S (posted about it here). Force closing the native Mail app is how I worked around the problem. If you don't already, recommend enabling error reporting via Privacy\Diagnostics & Usage\Automatically Send. That way Apple should get the report that a process hung and was eating up excessive CPU cycles and in turn consuming battery.
If you are still under Apple Care, then could submit a support case to see what they recommend. I did open a support case and they recommended a full system reset/restore. The problem reoccured after that, so if you are only experiencing the problem intermittently then it may not be worth the hassle to do a full reset and then restore. Another benefit of reporting the problem is that it may get fixed in a future software update.
- By iMore Question in forum OS X El Capitan (10.11)Replies: 2Last Post: 11-05-2015, 07:51 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-03-2015, 05:52 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-03-2015, 05:40 PM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-03-2015, 04:57 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPad AirReplies: 1Last Post: 11-03-2015, 03:05 PM