Posting to Facebook from photos not working

Cave_Monkey

May 8, 2016
Visit site
I'm afraid it is possible. My wife's iPhone 6 shows Facebook on the share page. Sharing a photo to Facebook results in the confirmation "Your photo will be shared", but it never shows up. Well...almost never. One did, but it seems to have been a one off. Any suggestions?

ever get anywhere with this?

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Hmm.. Maybe for Facebook you need to have photos permission on, and then you will be able to share, I know Twitter and other apps you don't need to have them access to your photos and you can share by selecting the photo(s) but Facebook doesn't allow that because they want full control of all your photos.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Toggling the app in cellular settings didn't do anything for me. Not sure what left to do!

It worked for me. But it no longer goes to iOS photos. It goes to mobile uploads. Try signing out of the Facebook app, then back in. Or better, delete it, then reinstall it. I just tested it again and it still works.
Check this:
Go to Settings > Privacy > scroll down to photos > scroll to Facebook > Toggle on.

Also be sure you are signed in to Facebook in Settings.

dwd3885

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It worked for me. But it no longer goes to iOS photos. It goes to mobile uploads. Try signing out of the Facebook app, then back in. Or better, delete it, then reinstall it. I just tested it again and it still works.
Check this:
Go to Settings > Privacy > scroll down to photos > scroll to Facebook > Toggle on.

Also be sure you are signed in to Facebook in Settings.

Yea I deleted the app and reinstalled it. My other settings you recommended checking are correct too. No clue. On my wife's phone too. Has to be a bug.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yea I deleted the app and reinstalled it. My other settings you recommended checking are correct too. No clue. On my wife's phone too. Has to be a bug.

If it were a bug, mine would not work. It's either in Settings somewhere or since both of you have it, maybe the wifi. Does it work on cellular?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Do you use iCloud Photo Library? If so, that may be confusing the Facebook upload. I don't use iCloud Photo Library.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
it only works on Wifi and doesnt work on cellular. has to be a bug for sure.

Just do it on WiFi then. I couldn't get it to work either way this morning on my 6s Plus. Did yesterday. I tried it on my old iPhone 5 and it worked. Also one I had posted using the 6s Plus. Odd for sure. I normally post photos to Facebook from in the Facebook app.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Update: It's working again. Have no clue! It seems to be delayed. So I post a photo, but it doesn't show. Then a while later it shows up. I'm also thinking some large photos may not go through. I'll test that more.

Not even a delay now. Works fine for now. I have Facebook toggled off for cellular and photos turned on for cellular.
Also in Settings > Privacy > scroll down to photos > scroll down to Facebook and toggle on.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
it only works on Wifi and doesnt work on cellular. has to be a bug for sure.

It's working fine this Monday morning. I had deleted the app yesterday before backing up my phone. I forgot to reinstall it. So I post a photo from photos, then realized the app wasn't there. Downloaded it and logged in and someone had already commented on the photo I uploaded.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal