New to iPhone, my Phone Icon and app keeps telling me I have 1 voicemail, but I don't?

Xterror

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
New to iPhone, my Phone Icon and app keeps telling me I have 1 voicemail, but I don't

I just switched to iPhone from being on Android since 2010 so I'm still learning to navigate through iOS. My phone icon keeps showing a "1" and when I go into the phone app it shows 1 on the Voicemail icon, but I don't have any voicemails. I have tried restarting the phone but it still comes up with 1 VM. Any suggestions on how to reset that notification? Also my co-worker with an iphone 5S can click on the VM icon and it shows a list of phone #s, when I click it it calls my VZW voice mail. How can I get the list of phone #s that left me voicemails instead?

Thanks in advance!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: New to iPhone, my Phone Icon and app keeps telling me I have 1 voicemail, but I don't

Voicemail is handled by your carrier, not Apple. My guess is there's an old voicemail still in your voicemail from your previous phone. It just doesn't show on the iPhone. If you call voicemail, you might hear it and can delete it that way. Your carrier can help you in this matter.

Xterror

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: New to iPhone, my Phone Icon and app keeps telling me I have 1 voicemail, but I don't

Thanks for her reply. I don't have any saved voice mails and this just happened after my last voice mail that came in. Was fine before. I'll prob call VZW

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for her reply. I don't have any saved voice mails and this just happened after my last voice mail that came in. Was fine before. I'll prob call VZW

OK. Verizon will help you get it right. They've been helping me for about 11 years.

Xterror

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site

I had my wife call me and leave a vm to see if once I delete her vm it'll reset the notification and it worked. I still can't hit my vm icon in the phone app to see people's # that have left me vm. It dials my VZW vm as soon as I tap it.

mdcolson

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site

Go to verizon and have them re-provision a new SIM card for you. I had the same issue switching a sim from an android phone to an iphone. As soon as they gave me a new card that was activated on the iphone, voicemail worked as it is supposed to.

Xterror

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site

Go to verizon and have them re-provision a new SIM card for you. I had the same issue switching a sim from an android phone to an iphone. As soon as they gave me a new card that was activated on the iphone, voicemail worked as it is supposed to.

Thanks. That makes sense since I just swapped my Sim from my Android to the iPhone

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I think so iPhone verizon will attractive people..

Please use the quote option so that members will know to whom you are replying. Thanks.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73