Upgrading f on iOS 9.1 Beta to iOS 9.1 Stable
I was in the Beta for iOS 9, and I have been wanting to get off the beta and onto the Stable build. Just before it went "live" I got an upgrade that after I installed it, realized that it was 9.1. An article here on iMore advised that I would not be able to restore a 9.1 Beta backup to 9.1 Stable (the official release). So I have waited.
Now that 9.1 has dropped to everything, I was going to try to cross over, but this morning I get an update notification on my iPad that 9.1 is available for it. All the details are exactly what I read when I updated my iPhone to the latest version (I never run betas on my iPhone).
Does anyone know if, in fact, this is Apple moving non-developers off the beta program, or are they going to sneak the next beta build into it?
Last edited by Chiron1; 10-26-2015 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Clarity
Re: Upgrading f on iOS 9.1 Beta to iOS 9.1 Stable
Well, after not getting answer (I figure no one else was in my exact situation, so no one knew) I just said 'what the heck?' And I went for it.
I am happy to report that it appears I am no longer using the beta version. The build version matches my iPhone, so yay!
Now I wonder if I should remove the iOS 9 Beta Software Profile profile?
- 10-27-2015, 06:23 PM #3
- By nr2d in forum iOS 9Replies: 2Last Post: 10-27-2015, 06:28 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-26-2015, 12:14 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 5Replies: 1Last Post: 10-26-2015, 12:13 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPad AirReplies: 1Last Post: 10-26-2015, 12:05 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-26-2015, 09:51 AM