Upgrading on iOS 9.1 Beta to iOS 9.1 Stable?

Chiron1

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Upgrading f on iOS 9.1 Beta to iOS 9.1 Stable

I was in the Beta for iOS 9, and I have been wanting to get off the beta and onto the Stable build. Just before it went "live" I got an upgrade that after I installed it, realized that it was 9.1. An article here on iMore advised that I would not be able to restore a 9.1 Beta backup to 9.1 Stable (the official release). So I have waited.

Now that 9.1 has dropped to everything, I was going to try to cross over, but this morning I get an update notification on my iPad that 9.1 is available for it. All the details are exactly what I read when I updated my iPhone to the latest version (I never run betas on my iPhone).

Does anyone know if, in fact, this is Apple moving non-developers off the beta program, or are they going to sneak the next beta build into it?

Last edited:

Chiron1

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: Upgrading f on iOS 9.1 Beta to iOS 9.1 Stable

Well, after not getting answer (I figure no one else was in my exact situation, so no one knew) I just said 'what the heck?' And I went for it.

I am happy to report that it appears I am no longer using the beta version. The build version matches my iPhone, so yay!

Now I wonder if I should remove the iOS 9 Beta Software Profile profile?

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: Upgrading f on iOS 9.1 Beta to iOS 9.1 Stable

Well, after not getting answer (I figure no one else was in my exact situation, so no one knew) I just said 'what the heck?' And I went for it.

I am happy to report that it appears I am no longer using the beta version. The build version matches my iPhone, so yay!

Now I wonder if I should remove the iOS 9 Beta Software Profile profile?

You now have the official 9.1 final build release. To get off from the beta program, just delete your beta profile and you will no longer receive beta update.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox