iOS 9.1 beta. How do I remove it.

alexlewis633

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
I have iOS 9.1 beta from the public beta account but I want to remove the beta and get the public release but I'm not sure how to do it. If I restore wouldn't it just put the beta back on the phone? There's no profile button so i can't delete it. Thanks

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! I'm on the 9.1 BETA 5 and the GM just popped up for me to install OTA. You could always use iTunes.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I have iOS 9.1 beta from the public beta account but I want to remove the beta and get the public release but I'm not sure how to do it. If I restore wouldn't it just put the beta back on the phone? There's no profile button so i can't delete it. Thanks

Under Settings->General, if you scroll down you should have a profile setting. Delete that and then update to the official 9.1. Then you will be off the beta wagon.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

I'm on 9.1 beta 5 and I'm able to see the official 9.1 public release by checking the software update from your phone. I did it via OTA because the iTunes is saying that my iPhone is up to date. If you want to be removed from the public beta completely, just delete your beta profile under General --> Profile.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm on 9.1 beta 5 and I'm able to see the official 9.1 public release by checking the software update from your phone. I did it via OTA because the iTunes is saying that my iPhone is up to date. If you want to be removed from the public beta completely, just delete your beta profile under General --> Profile.
You could always go into DFU mode and then restore and update with iTunes.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I was on the public beta 5 and got the software update for the official 9.1 on my device. I just deleted the beta profile and downloaded and installed the public release 9.1 OTA.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
You could always go into DFU mode and then restore and update with iTunes.

I know that process but why would I do that? Like I said, I was able to update with the final 9.1 build via OTA. I didn't have to remove my beta profile first to see the update from my phone. I deleted the beta profile after I have updated.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I know that process but why would I do that? Like I said, I was able to update with the final 9.1 build via OTA. I didn't have to remove my beta profile first to see the update from my phone. I deleted the beta profile after I have updated.

I suppose I should have said the OP, not you, could use DFU mode to force iTunes to not recognize the beta and download 9.1 GM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox