iOS 9.1 released

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I hate that so many people are having issues. I updated my 6s, 6s plus & mini 2 and haven't hat any issues. All devices are running extremely smooth....couldn't be happier because 9.0.2 was terrible.

Agreed. 9.1 installed on five devices in my household with zero issues.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
iPhone 6 and 6 plus as well as iPad mini (original non retina) now updated to 9.1. Sound notification issues appear to have been FIXED. All else seems fine for me and iPad in particular hasn't run this well since iOS 7 - it feels new again.

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
im at a loss... my 6 was fine on 9.1 beta 5(?) with bluetooth... and now its horrible. Doesnt matter what device.. it cuts in and out. If I move my phone behind/under my leg... the BT signal cuts off completely. If I set my phone on a table and walk around.. it cuts in and out.. on the beta I could walk a good 40ft + away and it was perfect. I have rebooted, re-paired, re-set the BT devices... nothing is working!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
im at a loss... my 6 was fine on 9.1 beta 5(?) with bluetooth... and now its horrible. Doesnt matter what device.. it cuts in and out. If I move my phone behind/under my leg... the BT signal cuts off completely. If I set my phone on a table and walk around.. it cuts in and out.. on the beta I could walk a good 40ft + away and it was perfect. I have rebooted, re-paired, re-set the BT devices... nothing is working!

That is strange because technically isn't the last beta for 9.1 the GM that gets released? Or does Apple throw in a few other changes just for good measure...?

I use BT for my 5S and mini without any disconnects. On 9.0.4 tho I'd get a rare disconnect here and there but not often enough to frustrate me using the BT feature on either device.

I'm sorry to hear your having this many issues with the BT and hopefully you can get it worked out. Have you tried going to an Apple shop in your area to see if they can troubleshoot what may be going on?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

You may need to restore with a fresh copy of 9.1.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
So weird. I no longer get a list of what apps are using my battery under the battery information anymore. Is anyone else experiencing this? I only realised today since updating because today was the first time my six plus needed charging ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1446106145.934639.jpg

baz1536

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Definitely still get the info

e5438d7572538ec9e608a12947b3bbef.jpg

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
That is strange because technically isn't the last beta for 9.1 the GM that gets released? Or does Apple throw in a few other changes just for good measure...?

I use BT for my 5S and mini without any disconnects. On 9.0.4 tho I'd get a rare disconnect here and there but not often enough to frustrate me using the BT feature on either device.

I'm sorry to hear your having this many issues with the BT and hopefully you can get it worked out. Have you tried going to an Apple shop in your area to see if they can troubleshoot what may be going on?

i cant stand going in to the apple stores. They are crowded, they smell bad, and absolutely EVERYTHING has been touched by 1000 people. I feel like I need to shower after walking by the opening... and the one near me is in a fancy mall.....its gross. That will be a very last resort....

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Just tried it.. Restored to fresh 9.1, then restored the backup - still does it. I really dont want to try a full fresh start over :(
sigh.... maybe 9.1.x will help whenever that happens.

Try restoring as new. The back up may hold the problem. It's a PITA I know. But it may help.

baz1536

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
i cant stand going in to the apple stores. They are crowded, they smell bad, and absolutely EVERYTHING has been touched by 1000 people. I feel like I need to shower after walking by the opening... and the one near me is in a fancy mall.....its gross. That will be a very last resort....

Wow. How come 1000 people have touched your device?? You must have an Apple Store in a parallel universe as the one I was in today was nice air conditioned and pleasant to walk around, yes it was busy but has never been an issue. Even the other Apple Store 20 minutes in the other direction has the same ambience.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

I hear ya....its the same by me too !! Just for the record, I carry portable sanitizing wipes and the little hand sanitizer charm hanging on my handbag. I'm always using them especially if I have to go into Apple !!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73