Because of some issues with my iPhone 6, I decided to wipe it clean and restore my data from my iCloud backup. It took awhile to wipe, but I soon was able to start the restoration process. That was 8 hours ago, though, and it's *still* restoring. That's not normal, is it? Any ideas what I can do? My battery is dropping quicker as a result of the stuck restore; ironically, I did all of this to try & fix the battery issues I was having.
    shamsia likes this.
    10-20-2015 04:58 AM
    Yeah something isn't right here, it shouldn't take 8 hours to restore not unless your internet is really slow. Trying hooking your iPhone up to iTunes and doing a restore again. Hopefully that will help.

Sent from my Super iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk
    racerhomie likes this.
    10-20-2015 05:06 AM
    Yeah something isn't right here, it shouldn't take 8 hours to restore not unless your internet is really slow. Trying hooking your iPhone up to iTunes and doing a restore again. Hopefully that will help.

I would, except...my Mac just crashed, as in 2 minutes ago. Fantastic.
    10-20-2015 05:23 AM
    I would, except...my Mac just crashed, as in 2 minutes ago. Fantastic.
    Wow your having all the luck this morning

10-20-2015 05:27 AM
    Ouch! I was going to say just start the process over again. If it's been eight hours I have a feeling it's just stuck somewhere in the process and will never get to the end regardless of how much time you give it. Apparently your Mac made that decision for you though! Is your iPhone 6 still under warranty? I would take it into an Apple Store and tell them it won't restore. It's technically broken at this point.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk
    10-20-2015 05:33 AM
    Just stop the restore. Go to iCloud under settings on your phone, then backup. Hit stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    10-20-2015 05:57 AM
    Wow your having all the luck this morning

Seriously. If I owned a dog, someone probably would kick it.

Just stop the restore. Go to iCloud under settings on your phone, then backup. Hit stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Would I then do a new iCloud backup?

I made a Genius bar appointment for tomorrow, but I'm hoping that my tech guy at work can find something before then.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    10-20-2015 06:52 AM
    Seriously. If I owned a dog, someone probably would kick it.

Would I then do a new iCloud backup?

I made a Genius bar appointment for tomorrow, but I'm hoping that my tech guy at work can find something before then.
    When was your last iCloud back up? I always use iCloud to restore unless I restore as new.
    10-20-2015 09:57 AM
    When was your last iCloud back up? I always use iCloud to restore unless I restore as new.
    I backed up last night before attempting the wipe and restore. I have a work computer (Windows, but still okay) and might try to restore using iTunes.
    10-20-2015 09:58 AM
    I did another wipe/restore today, but this time, I backed up and restored via iTunes. I then created a new iCloud backup, so hopefully that will do the trick.
    10-20-2015 01:46 PM
    I did another wipe/restore today, but this time, I backed up and restored via iTunes. I then created a new iCloud backup, so hopefully that will do the trick.
    Fingers crossed for you. Let us know how it turns out!

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk
    10-20-2015 01:56 PM
    It's not uncommon for an iCloud restore to get "stuck" -- it's happen to me. Usually a reboot (or two) kicks it in the pants and gets it going again. I've also stopped the restore process when it got to the app stage and just downloaded those manually from my store history.
    10-21-2015 03:11 PM
    I was having the same problem with my new iphone 6S. I was not able to download the new 9.1 update because of this.

The tip to go into Settings - Icloud - Backup and stop restoring worked for me.

Thanks!
    10-22-2015 11:42 AM
    Apple Store swapped out my iPhone 6 for a new device and instructed me to restore from iCloud backup AFTER updating to iOS 9, I started the restore at 615pm EST - it's now 1115 EST - 5hrs and still restoring......
    Tech dude suggested to NOT restore from iTunes on MacBook via cable as he suggests that backup is corrupted or has some bug that caused the initial problems on original iPhone 6......
    10-24-2015 10:13 PM
    I had the same issue and solved it going through iTunes but needed to use a more complex solution path

- Download in iTunes ALL apps locally in iTunes (starting from iOS 9 this must be done manually) -> Account->Store->App->download all
    - then backup the old iPhone in Itunes locally
    - then reset the new iPhone using iTunes and install the latest software update (connect iPhone to iTunes and click on reset)
    - then restore the new iPhone from the old backup using iTunes and let it synchronize all apps
    - manually install the few apps which are still missing

Hope it helps
    07-13-2016 06:54 AM
    I was having the same problem with my new iphone 6S. I was not able to download the new 9.1 update because of this.

The tip to go into Settings - Icloud - Backup and stop restoring worked for me.

Thanks!
    Will there be any data loss due tiding the above?
    10-30-2016 09:55 PM
    iCloud Restore Stuck Issues
    Turn off your phone and turn it back on, then skip iCloud sign in by pressing "Sign in later", once your on the home screen you can go into settings and log in and it works fine.
    Last edited by BellocEvan; 04-17-2017 at 11:35 AM.
    04-15-2017 03:35 AM