Which is better Swift or Objective C?

I

iMore Question

While programming in iOS9 either Swift or Objective-C is used to code. Which one of the two is more better?

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I don’t design apps for iOS, but if it’s like computer programming, it would depend on the desired application and your level of expertise with each language.

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Swift is set to overtake C in the future of their products. They designed the language to be more user friendly and bring the code closer to the hardware. Swift has full Metal integration. Its a really nice language to work with, it reminds me a bit of working with Python.

ZapharaArts

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
I've recently started using Swift for app game development. I did a little work with objective-c before but not much. Now that I've learned the basics of Swift I can prototype game ideas very quickly and would highly recommend it.

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
Swift is definitely a future. The language itself is fine and I like the concept, but compiler is still kind a buggy. I've made few (complex) apps with Obj-C and I am pretty much satisfied with. The thing is that Swift is currently changing and it becoming better every day so it's a matter of time when it will become primary language for making iOS apps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner