iCloud Backup - FAIL!!

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
My family has about a half dozen iPhones and iPads running on iOS9 and they are all experiencing problems with backing up to iCloud. My wife can't back up automatically with phone locked and on WIFI on either her iPad or iPhone. Manual backups seem to work but very slow. My daughter has tried repeatedly to manually back up her iPhone 6 on different wifi systems and she can't do it. Gets a message that the "last backup failed to complete". We have called Applecare about her problem. Neither the technician or supervisor have been able to solve the problem and are escalating the issue. The last backup she was able to do was on October 15. I have encountered several failures to complete the backup on my iPhone 6 when trying it manually and the automatic backups do not work sometimes. My wifi works very well and I usually get 100MBS speed. We are all well below are allotted storage space on iCloud. I have done some searches on this issue and many people have complained about this going back to 2014 so iOS9 can't be blamed entirely. My wife started experiencing problems while on iOS8 and continues to experience it now that she is on iOS9. I am starting to conclude that while the iCloud backup is an excellent idea it is very unreliable.:mad::mad:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
One thing you can all do is upload your photos to a cloud service like Box, Dropbox and OneDrive. A recent update was supposed to fix that issue. You might try doing the back ups late at night or very early in the morning when the servers are least busy.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Performing an iCloud backup works for me, and I just did one after reading this thread.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1445687933.096332.jpg

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
We have tried this. It works sometimes on some devices. On on device it doesn't and we get message "last backup was not completed"

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
We have tried this. It works sometimes on some devices. On on device it doesn't and we get message "last backup was not completed"

Do you have computers with iTunes installed? If so, use it to create your backups until the situation is resolved that is causing you to sometimes be unable to creat iCloud backups. In the meantime, leave feedback or make an inquiry via Apple Support site.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2