"Touch ID requires your passcode after 48 hours" after less than 10

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Re: "Touch ID requires your passcode after 48 hours" after less than 10

I've noticed people on here and Reddit reporting some security-related issues ever since the iOS 9 update. I saw quite a bit of people with screen shots of random popup notifications saying to change the 4-digit code and things like what the OP is describing. I think these are just a couple of bugs that need to be squashed.

somjam

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

I have the same issue both on my iP6s and iPad Air 2, usually happens after charging overnight.

Pol Robinson

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

Have had this happen on both iPad's running ios 9 (9.0.2).

Annoying.

Even more frustrating is when the password is entered on the new Mini (4), the device freezes, or I am simply unable to enter any text in the password window and I am forced to restart.

• I have rebooted both.
  • Have restored both from backup.
  • Have set up both (again) as new devices.

None of the above have worked and it happened again this morning...this time after simply an overnight, not after an overnight while charging.

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site

I just experienced this for the first time this morning. I have an iPhone 6s Plus on stock iOS 9.1. I'm chalking it up to the end of DST somehow making iOS miscalculate idle time. But it doesn't explain why all of you have been experiencing it prior to today.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I'm thinking out of the box here. But could some wifi signals trigger this? I'm looking a possible common denominators. Pol Robinson had 2 devices that did this the same night while not on the charger. Unless I read it wrong. So how would that happen? 2 separate devices the same night? None of my phones have done this at all!

jlb21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

This happens on my 5s. I seem to remember it happening once or twice when I was still on 8.x

My phone is current with 9.x and it has happened a few weeks ago and again this morning.

This HAS to be a bug of some sort and I wish Apple would fix it fast

Steve Penny

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site

I had this during all of the betas on my iPhone 6. Set my 6s up as new and have still encountered it on each release (I get it about once a week and tends to be after charging overnight). I also get it on my iPad Air 2.

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

I've never had this happen to my 6 Plus. Maybe try the 9.2 Public Beta, as I've been on the beta since 9.1 Beta 3 or 4.

Roland

Larry Cook1

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site

Hame not had this issue on my Iphone 6s.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

kazn3r

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site

This has been happening to me ever since September, at least!

I knew I wasn't going crazy. My iPad would charge overnight and then tell me to use my passcode in the morning. This also happens on my iPhone. iOS 9 bug, but a lot earlier than 9.2.

Steve Penny

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site

I had this happen again this morning, in fact. Probably the 3rd or 4th time it's happened since last posting in this thread.

JanuarJaguar

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site

It happened once with my device (on iOS 9.1), when it stayed connected to a Wi-Fi network, overnight (never before, never after).

Clocker1

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

Had this happen to me here this morning....can't say whether it is the first time or only the first time I've really payed attention to it.

Charged for about 4 hours (let's call it 7pm till 11pm) then took off charge and played about on the App Store and Googling for a couple of hours afterwards.

After that I did the following in this exact order:

1) Put the phone to sleep using the sleep/wake button
2) Forgot to check the time so pressed the sleep/wake button so I could check
3) Let the phone go to sleep from there
4) Wake up 7 hours later and "Touch ID requires your passcode after 48 hours"

This not the only "bug" I've witnessed since purchasing the phone.

Here is another which apparently has been around for some time, however after sticking it out with Apple support for multiple sessions I was told this was never reported by anyone and has now been fixed by the engineers:

Settings -> iTunes and App Store ->Touch Apple ID -> Select View Apple ID -> Sign In to iTunes Store (password and OK) -> Tap Ratings and Reviews......all that used to be there was the Your Ratings and Reviews heading along with the Swipe to remove a rating or review text underneath whereas now you can actually see reviews you have composed and actually swipe right to reveal the Remove option.

I don't whether support were simply telling me I had found a bug to make me feel good about the whole experience but.....

All in all I am resigned to the fact that iOS 9.x is still a work in progress and I can't do anything about it on my end so I'm just gonna have to be patient and wait for updates. That doesn't mean I can't collecetively voice my opinion with others and only hope that these sort of forums and threads get read by someone from Apples engineering dept.

Good luck all :)

mke1138

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
"Touch ID requires your passcode after 48 hours" after less than 10

I'm having the same issue.

I submitted a bug report to bug report.apple.com, :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

Bigwoodque

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

This actually does happen to me. I thought it was just me.

Richard Wilson4

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site

This has been happening frequently (about 2-3 times a month) on my iPhone 5s for several months and isn't just on IOS 9.1 -- I've upgraded at least twice since this started happening.

For me it can occur whether I'm charging the phone or not. I always have to power-cycle the phone -- the keyboard (I do not use a numeric passcode) doesn't respond unless I power cycle it.

This happened to my wife's new iPhone 6s for the first time yesterday, although it didn't happen to mine at the same time.

Definitely a bug that's somehow been included in the recent releases of IOS.

OverseerMG

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: "Touch ID requires your passcode after 48 hours" after less t han 10

I would definitely suggest contacting Apple Support to find out the reason.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro