- iMore Newbie
- 27 Posts
YouTube app runs 3 hours and 20 minutes in background using 23% power???
I think battery life on my new iPhone 6S is horrible so I am trying to find out what's using all that battery.
Today I was very surprised to see the new YouTube app at the top of the battery shaming list... Not because I haven't used it to watch videos but to see in the last 24 hours it has been draining battery doing something in the background for 3 hours and 20 minutes??
We all know that if you watch video on YouTube and you put iPhone to sleep or just press home button to go out of the app - the video stop playing immediately.
So what is YouTube doing in the background?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- 10-16-2015, 12:24 PM #2
Re: YouTube app runs 3 hours and 20 minutes in background using 23% power???
Google used to make good iOS apps. Now they are complete trash.
You'll notice that Youtube has a 1-star review in the app store, so you're probably not the only one having this issue.
I woulnd't be surprised if they're pulling the same garbage as Facebook and using exploits to keep the app running against Apple's rules.
Best option is the same thing I do with facebook: force close it whenever you're not using it.
- 10-16-2015, 12:42 PM #3
- 10-20-2015, 09:20 PM #4
- By bones467 in forum Site Feedback & HelpReplies: 4Last Post: 06-23-2016, 08:59 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6Replies: 5Last Post: 10-22-2015, 04:50 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-16-2015, 10:00 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6Replies: 1Last Post: 10-16-2015, 09:53 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-16-2015, 07:51 AM