Airdrop

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Air Drop

Does the iPhone screen need to be on for the duration of the transfer?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Phone needs to be awake to accept the airdrop transfer and create a secure connection to the other device. After the transfer is accepted you can let the phone be. It will handle things for you at that point.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Really love my new Macbook, its so thin and light I find I'm taking it out more places with me, and using my phone for a hotspot, Im just an average user and find it is more than enough for what I do .... However why is airdrop so annoying??? My iPhone 6 seems unable to ever find my macbook even when they are an inch apart and I'm shouting at it hahaha. I just plug it in with a cord now if I need to! Kinda defeats the idea .... Just wanted to rant lol

Okay everyone. I've gotten it to work. So I guess El Capitan corrupts the bluetooth file in Macs for some users. So the way to fix it is by deleting that file. 1. Turn bluetooth off. 2. Go to finder and press CMD+shift+G 3. type in /library/preferences 4. delete com.bluetooth.plist. After this restart your comp and then turn bluetooth back on. I did it and I was able to get my mac to see my iPhone again. I didn't truly appreciate airdrop until I lost it for a month.

bones467

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Okay everyone. I've gotten it to work. So I guess El Capitan corrupts the bluetooth file in Macs for some users. So the way to fix it is by deleting that file. 1. Turn bluetooth off. 2. Go to finder and press CMD+shift+G 3. type in /library/preferences 4. delete com.bluetooth.plist. After this restart your comp and then turn bluetooth back on. I did it and I was able to get my mac to see my iPhone again. I didn't truly appreciate airdrop until I lost it for a month.

Thanks a lot for that!! Airdrop now works!!!

bones467

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I was not able to send a photo from iPhone to my MacBook... After doing what is mentioned at start of thread everything now works fine... I know this might not help everyone but worth looking at

Throppy

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
argh, I was looking forward to trying that, but got a message reminding me that if I turned off Bluetooth, I would lose my input devices. I have a spare usb mouse, but not a key board :(
:confused:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73