Native Mail app or MS Outlook App

Nikumba

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Not having my new phone in my hand yet, what do people find is better the native mail client or the MS Outlook app, majority of my email accounts are on live.com/outlook.com I do have a gmail account but that is not really used much any more.

Cheers

Kimbie

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I prefer native apps; however, with you having "live.com/outlook.com" accounts, Outlook might be a better option to take advantage of all the functionality.

Petulinek

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Outlook.com application has too many limitations - You can not set the account from which to display the contacts, it does not display photos with them, not even set what I want to sync (for one use only mail account and I do not want contacts or calendar) can not choose the period for synchronizing neither forward nor backward, calendar filtering doesnt work correctly. So i prefer native email app with many functions and broader settings.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore and ConGrats on getting a iPhone (soon), which iPhone did you go with?
I use the native mail app, it works for me, but I also just use my other email accounts as well.
Post often and ....ENJOY to site.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to iMore, the Native app works just great for me, you can add multiple account to it. Is this for work and your using a server or just personal?

Sent from my Super iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Nikumba

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Cheers for the replies.

This is for my personal accounts, though will connect it to work Exchange for my calender.

@Spencerdl - Space Grey 128Gb 6S+ go big or go home :p

Kimbie

rluka

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Returned to the stock mail apps all the time.

It really depend on how you use e-mail.
Reading description of the many e-mail apps in the store, it seems like they are made for someone who handle a lot of mails every day, so they have the feature to sort or prioritize incoming mails before you checked them. There's also feature to manage appointment invitations.

My use case, I only get occasional e-mail from newsletters or when doing online shopping.
Business mail stay in the desktop, and friends talk using instant messaging apps.
So in average, I have less than 1 mail per day. The Mail apps is enough to clean them up easily.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73