Jailbreak question

MrRJ

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Please, I don't want to read about how it will invalidate my warranty. I don't want to hear about how Apple has finely tuned iOS and jail breaking isn't necessary. I'm looking for an unbiased answer.

We've all read about the recent malware attacks, some of which found their way in through jailbreak apps. Others which were nothing to do with the jailbreak community. From my understanding, the malware attacks were made possible through back doors written into 'dodgy' jailbreak apps. There are a good many developers working within the community that have good reputations so it seems unfair to assume that all jailbreak apps are equally susceptible to malware.

Is a user such as myself, that really only wants to jailbreak for a couple of features, which are paid for jailbreak apps from devs with long standing reputations, crossing into dangerous territory? I have no intention of trying to download questionable software or 3rd party app stores. 2 or 3 tweaks, available from the default sources in Cydia.

Like I mentioned, no bias please. I'm looking for answers based on knowledge and experience that will give reasons other than 'I heard from a friend' or 'Apple says....'

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
If you only do that, and you are careful, yes, you should be fine. I have been jailbreaking since 2009, and have yet to have an issue, mainly due to being careful.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
If you only do that, and you are careful, yes, you should be fine. I have been jailbreaking since 2009, and have yet to have an issue, mainly due to being careful.

Agree. As long as you're aware and careful, you should be fine.

MrRJ

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the input. I'm careful and as I said, not interested in questionable apps or pirate software...

sudbury78

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to ios. Does the battery performance take a hit when jailbreaking? My 6S plus is amazing and I would hate to see it take a hit but I need these tweaks being a former phandroid.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm new to ios. Does the battery performance take a hit when jailbreaking? My 6S plus is amazing and I would hate to see it take a hit but I need these tweaks being a former phandroid.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Not really from what I recall. But if you download apps that are battery draining, it will be just like any other app that kills battery. If you find that your battery is taking a hit, you can always remove the jailbreak.

sudbury78

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Good call. I'm nervous to jail break but I am sure if I follow the guides all will be good. Worst case I have to wipe and and load my back up from iTunes right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm jailbroken and everything is running fine, you should be good.

Sent from my Super iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, it is rather hard to mess it up, as long as you are smart about it. Please don't use the console to delete things unless you are SURE what you are doing. Please don't use untrustworthy sources. If you install something that refreshes every 15 seconds, of course your battery will go down.

If you need help, we are here for you.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods