IOS 9 Email Prediction

Henry Gelderbloem

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I am having an issue that I'm not sure I can resolve.

I am using an iPhone 6 with IOS 9.0.2 and using the Apple mail app. When I compose a new email and begin entering the name of the persons (issue only occurs when I start to enter the third recipient) the mail app gives a prediction of the user I want to enter which is fine. The issue starts the moment I finish entering the second recipient. The mail app now displays a list of different people without me entering a single letter in the recipient box.

Ideally, I would like to disable this feature and keep the normal predictive recipient feature.

Does anyone have any idea how I turn this off?

Thanks,
Henry

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Are you by chance clicking on the + sign on the right side of the screen (see below)? That essentially will bring up all of your contacts. If you don't want to add anybody else to your email just continue on with composing your message without clicking on the + sign.
3cd7562fc965b47e207384b11ae727a1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Henry Gelderbloem

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Nope it's definitely not that as this brings up a new screen.

When I see the those contacts, they appear just like if you were typing a new recipients name and the mail app was predicting the recipient. But these are random and don't have any common characters in their name.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

When I see the those contacts, they appear just like if you were typing a new recipients name and the mail app was predicting the recipient. But these are random and don't have any common characters in their name.

I went straight from iOS 9 to 9.1 and have never had 9.01 or 9.02 installed on my iPhone 6 Plus. Having said that, I cannot replicate the issue you're experiencing so I assume the issue is resolved in iOS 9.1.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

I tried to replicate but was unable to. I'm on the 9.1 public beta though so it may be a finicky behavior that has been addressed in the new release. Nonetheless, keep checking back. Maybe someone will be able to help.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen