Messy filenames when saving attachments to iCloud?
Whenever I save email attachments to iCloud, it ends up being prefixed with a long, apparently random string, like 641251-FFFA-4629/My Filemame.pdf
Is that normal or a bug?
Very inconvenient, as when viewing iCloud files on my iPhone I can only see the 641251-FFFA-46... part, so I can't tell which files are which.
When I save the same attachment to DropBox, it's just the usual My Filename.pdf
- 10-14-2015, 01:24 PM #2
Re: Messy filenames when saving attachments to iCloud?
It happens to me too, so I'd assume it's normal. You can rename them in the iCloud app, but it is odd that it adds that prefix to it. It looks like a timestamp of some sort, because I've saved the same file twice and it's had a different prefix both times.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 8Last Post: 01-04-2016, 12:50 AM
- By andyh.67 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 16Last Post: 10-25-2015, 12:50 AM
- By rscribe in forum Site Feedback & HelpReplies: 2Last Post: 10-14-2015, 03:07 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iCloudReplies: 2Last Post: 10-14-2015, 01:29 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-14-2015, 11:12 AM