Why doesn't iOS 9 let me receive messages from other Apple devices?
Using iOS 9.0.2 on both devices, my iPhone6 and iPad Air can't receive either green messages or blue iMessages from other Apple devices, nor can it received Facetime calls; it can send out messages and FaceTime calls to any device. I have switched off and restored both iMessage and FaceTime, restored to factory settings several times, switched off and restore iCloud. What else can I do?
- 10-08-2015, 07:34 PM #2iMore Intermediate
- 391 Posts
Re: Why doesn't iOS 9 let me receive messages from other Apple devices?
Tough one. I updated to 9.0.2 and haven't had any issues. Here are a few suggestions:
General>Settings>Messages>Text Message Forwarding. Mark sure the devices you want to receive messages on are turned on.
General>Setting>Messages >Send & Receive and make sure make sure you have check marks next to the devices you want to receive messages from.
I'm no expert and these suggestions are just a shot in the dark. Hope it helps.
- By iMore Question in forum Apple WatchReplies: 5Last Post: 10-13-2015, 08:48 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 25Last Post: 10-12-2015, 09:30 PM
- By clouds0222 in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 1Last Post: 10-10-2015, 10:47 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-08-2015, 09:15 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 2Last Post: 10-08-2015, 02:28 PM