What is causing IOS9 to use so much cellular data?
2 days after installing IOS9 my cellular data usage went through the roof! I keep close watch on the usage counts and reset the counter every month when my cellular bill cycles. (settings>cellular>cellular usage current period)
I have cellular data turned off for most apps but at the bottom of the apps list is "system services" which used over 2.1GB in a very short time. The sub-category that used all the data is "media services".
How do I stop media services from eating up all of my data?
- 10-07-2015, 02:01 PM #2iMore Elite
- 2,967 Posts
Re: What is causing IOS9 to use so much cellular data?
It's probably wifi assist.
Go to Settings -> Cellular and scroll all the way to the bottom to toggle it off.
I honestly don't even think it works as Apple claims. I regularly have my iPhone attempt to cling to 1 bar of wifi when I get in my car to leave home or work and with iOS 9 it still tries to hold onto that weak wifi signal with wifi assist turned on.
- 10-07-2015, 02:03 PM #3
- By amyf27 in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 8Last Post: 08-28-2016, 01:19 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhoneReplies: 4Last Post: 10-22-2015, 12:43 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 1Last Post: 10-08-2015, 08:36 AM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-07-2015, 03:07 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Apple HardwareReplies: 1Last Post: 10-07-2015, 12:06 PM