Mail (gmail) woes with iOS 9

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Currently running iOS 9.0.2 on my iPhone 6 Plus with AT&T. I haven't had this issue until iOS 9, and it didn't go away in 9.0.1 or 9.0.2

I have several gmail accounts set up through Mail, about five accounts:
Personal
Junk mail (for online orders)
Student/school email
Work
Church
And ever since the iOS 9 update it seems that every few days one or more of the accounts will give a notification that the IMAP server is unable to retrieve mail, to check my username and password in settings. The only fix is to delete the account and resign into it in settings to re-add it to my Mail. It'll work for a couple of days, then I'll get the notification again. Sometimes just one account, sometimes two, and there's been a couple days where I've had to delete and sign back into four accounts at once.

Like I said, I've never had this problem with any previous iOS, and I've tried to search and can't seem to find anyone else having this same issue. Anyone have any ideas? Thank in advance

Jackie1

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Another question, Is it just me, or can we only attach one photo at a time??? This is ridiculous. The only way to add two photos, is to keep hitting the attach button, then browsing through photos. Is there a way to attach more than one photo at a time? And videos?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
With my Outlook.com account, I get the occasional cannot connect to server or retrieve mail, but it clears itself within seconds, but I'm also running a beta.

Jackie1

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Just go into the Photos app, select multiple photos, use the Share menu to select Copy. Return to your message and Paste.

Awesome! Very cool. I selected multiple photo's, hit the share icon, and the gmail app was shown, and I clicked it, and it put them in there. Now, for another scenario. If I get a new email, and am replying to it already in gmail and want to attach 2 photos to the exiting email I'm replying to, I can't attach more than one, that will work also?

Jackie1

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the workaround. But gmail should really allow you to add more than ONE photo directly from their app, instead of having to go out and paste. Agree? thanks though, this has helped me.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
N
Currently running iOS 9.0.2 on my iPhone 6 Plus with AT&T. I haven't had this issue until iOS 9, and it didn't go away in 9.0.1 or 9.0.2

I have several gmail accounts set up through Mail, about five accounts:
Personal
Junk mail (for online orders)
Student/school email
Work
Church
And ever since the iOS 9 update it seems that every few days one or more of the accounts will give a notification that the IMAP server is unable to retrieve mail, to check my username and password in settings. The only fix is to delete the account and resign into it in settings to re-add it to my Mail. It'll work for a couple of days, then I'll get the notification again. Sometimes just one account, sometimes two, and there's been a couple days where I've had to delete and sign back into four accounts at once.

Like I said, I've never had this problem with any previous iOS, and I've tried to search and can't seem to find anyone else having this same issue. Anyone have any ideas? Thank in advance

I get this message several times a day for Gmail account since iOS 9.

Good Luck

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
With my Outlook.com account, I get the occasional cannot connect to server or retrieve mail, but it clears itself within seconds, but I'm also running a beta.

My mother in law gets that on her iPad periodically, and she's on 8.x -- also with outlook.com

BobArmstrong

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Same problem but only one account. Usually rebooting the phone then allows you to read mail. Easier than deleting and re-adding mail account.

hope this gets fixed.

Rmorton0573

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I have the imap server gmail issue nearly every morning on my iPad. I've had it once on my iPhone. Both on iOS 9.0.2 using the native mail app. What works for me is just going into multitasking and closing the mail app. It usually works all day after and the problem returns the next morning. I've tried deleting the account and even resetting the iPad as new, but the problem always comes back after a few days.

Montypy

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Your situation is practically identical to my own, Funny thing is that after trying each of my different email accounts when i check my email on my laptop there was an email saying there was a new sign in from my iPhone. Still no accounts ahowing on my iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234