Updated to 9.0.2 iMessage not working.

zinedine

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
I updated to the latest iOS version and now my iMessage does not work. It sends as a blue bubble but it no longer says delivered. After 5 minutes it sends as a text message. So frustrating. Anyone else experiencing this? Any solutions to this problem? I feel like I own an android phone now.

zinedine

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
If you search for iMessage on Twitter you'll see we're not the only ones. Apple has become somewhat of a joke with their official 'updates'.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
No Apple has not become a "joke" ask 63 million users. If you know what you are doing you might be able to fix the problem without the negativity. Go into setting and see if the iMessage is indeed on, if it is on turn it off and do a "HARD RESET" (hold down the power and home button button at the same time until the Apple screen appears and then release) , go back into setting and turn it back on and see if this fixes the MAJOR problem (SARCASM). There are times where signal it not at it's best and the iPhone is trying to get the message to the other party the best way possible and somtimes thats done with text rather than iMessage....It's not that big of a deal nor is Apple a JOKE.....Have a NICE DAY

mrescobedo817

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
I do know what I'm doing I've tried all of that and other methods. My phone has full LTE and it does the same on strong wifi signal. It's not carrier related too because I have Verizon and people who have AT&T, Sprint and T Mobile are experiencing the same problems.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Try toggling off iMessage and Facetime. Sign out of iMessage. Sign back in to iMessage and toggle both back on.
You might also Reset Network Settings..
Reset Network Settings Settings>General>Reset>Tap Reset Network Settings. You may need to enter your wifi passcode back in afterwards.

zinedine

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
This is the second time I've had a problem with my iPhone 6 after updating iOS. But you're absolutely correct. It's not a joke. It's just a minor nuisance that I have to deal with until Apple puts out a fix. And I thank you for your suggestions. I tried them and they did not work but I appreciate them nonetheless. You're so sweet. I will have a nice day. I hope your day is wonderful as well my friend.

Branta

Retired Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Has it crossed anyone's mind that the problem might be at the receiving phone? Out of data coverage, or for whatever reason off the network and unable to receive the message? Could even be a problem in the phone provider's network... firewalls... anything like that. All I'm saying is that there are more places than just your handset for a failure to occur so don't jump to conclusions and try to fix a fault which might not be where you think.

zinedine

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
Recently got off the phone with Apple support. They told me that they are aware there is a problem with the iMessage server after this latest update and they are working very hard to try and fix it.

Sph33r

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I typed up a whole big response but then the forum threw it away because it had links and I'm a newb. So I'll just say there's a big discussion about this on the iOS 9 subreddit, and another on the official Apple forums. It's not just you, it's a lot of us.

Some folks are giving the indication that phones on 9.02 can message each other without problem, while a phone on 9.02 has trouble with anything older.

I'm on 9.1pb4 and my wife is on 8.4 and this problem started last night around 7pm. Any iMessage I send her has a small chance of showing "Delivered" but most sit as blue bubbles for about 5m before flipping to Sent as Text Message. She's getting the iMessages immediately but my phone doesn't think so.

I tried all the fun stuff listed in this thread and the others. WiFi, LTE, reboots (for both of us), deleting the discussion thread, etc.

Now we sit patiently and wait for Apple to fix it.

iphone229

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem but only with one contact. I send an iMessage to my wife and it sends in blue (iMessage) then turns green and sends it in a text message. When I send it to other iPhone owners it sends it blue and I have no problem.

dennina

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
this happens to mine with every imessage that is sent. i find it hard to believe that 16 people i texted with iphones and imessaging on are out of network or have no data coverage.

dennina

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
eeeek! its the opposite with me! my husband is the only one i can send imessages to! no one else! this is soooo annoying.

iphone229

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Yes this is annoying. What I did was reset my iPhone and restored it with my iCloud back up. Took an hour or so but it works good now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711