Siri doesn't activate speakerphone

clankfu

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
When I make a call via Hey Siri, it's supposed to automatically turn on the speakerphone. She even says so but doesn't do it.

For example, when I say: "Hey Siri, call Amy"

She says: "Calling Amy with speakerphone"

But it doesn't turn on the speaker.

Even if I initiate Siri regularly by holding the button and say, "Call Amy on speakerphone", it doesn't do it.

The only way I can get it to work is by setting "Call Audio Routing" in "Accessibility" settings to "Speaker" instead of the default "Automatic". But that means all calls are routed to speakerphone which I don't want.

Anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT:

Finally figured out the problem and I'm pretty sure it's a bug.

For some reason, it doesn't work with Wi-Fi Calling enabled. Works fine without it.

Last edited:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I just tested this and my 6s Plus is working correctly with Siri activating the speaker phone. May I suggest a "HARD RESET"

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I just tested. Here is what I get:

• If I ask Siri to make a call, no speakerphone.
  • If I ask Siri to make a call on speaker, that makes the call on speakerphone.

clankfu

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Okay, I just tested. Here is what I get:

• If I ask Siri to make a call, no speakerphone.
  • If I ask Siri to make a call on speaker, that makes the call on speakerphone.

If you do the "Hey Siri" command, it should activate speakerphone when you make a call even if you don't specify it.

clankfu

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Finally figured out the problem and I'm pretty sure it's a bug.

For some reason, it doesn't work with Wi-Fi Calling enabled. Works fine without it.

Jackie1

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
If you have your phone charging and have the aux cable plugged in, it makes the call on SPEAKER, which is annoying. I guess it doesn't know you have the aux cable in....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox