How can I get my iCloud backup working?

c_green38

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
iCloud backup not wokring

Anyone else having trouble backing up to iCloud since upgradeing to iOS9?

I can't get my mini or my 6 to backup at all. I have plenty of space available, backups are less than total space left, and yet I get the "not enough storage available" message every time I try.

I'm sure this is an issue (affecting more than just me), but I hope someone has a workaround.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: iCloud backup not wokring

Yes the back up bug is fixed in 9.0.2

I ended up updating with no iCloud back up because I was to lazy to do an iTunes back up but I don't recommend it

iphone229

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site

I'm having the same problem since updating to iOS 9. My backup is backed up twice and can't delete them. It's weird. Hoping 9.1 will fix the problem.

RobbyRob

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site

Looks like iOS 9 was a winner! I'm lucky not to have these issues. I had the lag issue but it was resolved with a restore. Hope you get a fix soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c_green38

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

So I feel either confused, or like a total buffoon. :(

My backup size prior to iOS9 was about 1.5-2GB for my phone. Last night, I figured I'd sign up for the 50GB iCloud plan (I mean, it's a buck a month). It finally backed up. My final backup size: 5.6GB. Not sure how that happened.

Anywho, I'm running 9.0.2, have 50GB of iCloud storage (yay?), and I can finally backup my devices. That's confusing, but a win nonetheless.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice