Strange app update download times

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday and today, I updated a couple of installed apps, and got some really strange download/install times.

First, the My Verizon app is listed as being 29.3 megabytes, and it took about 8 hours for it to download and install over WiFi at home (I started it last night, was still showing the progress circle when I got up this morning).

Second, TomTom USA, which is listed as being 1.5 gigabytes, took about 30 seconds to download and install over what is typically a slower WiFi connection at work.

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
That sounds very odd.

I'm also having some weird download issues on my devices, I hit update and after the update tab looks clean, the next day I get the same app update, actually it happened with several apps over the week. They were supposed to be updated and then I get a list with over 10 app updates with prior update dates.

Don't know if that made sense... :confused:

Rmorton0573

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue with slow or failing app updates. I Googled and found a few forums that advised go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. Once I done this and signed back into WiFi everything started working correctly.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods