iOS 9 is poor optimized and it has graphical glitches.

Daniel Gabriel

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
After updating to iOS 9 my iPhone 5s feels slow, it lags, some apps like Apple Music, Retrica and some others crash and I experience graphical glitches and bugs when using the Spotlight Search and many ares of the OS. I managed to get some screenshots for you to see. Do you guys have the same experience? I'm very disappointed in Apple.
I must say that my iPhone 5s running iOS 8.4 was behaving fine without trace of lag or app crashes.
So let's talk! What do you guys think? What bugs have you experienced until now?

Attachments

• 20150928_142700000_iOS.png
    20150928_142700000_iOS.png
    476 KB · Views: 82
  • 20150928_162727000_iOS.png
    20150928_162727000_iOS.png
    537.3 KB · Views: 84
  • 20150929_143147000_iOS.png
    20150929_143147000_iOS.png
    904.2 KB · Views: 84

EarleD

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
The killer is that Apple said that iOS 9 was basically bug fixes with a few new options. No bugs were fixed in fact there might be more instead

MrRJ

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Also experiencing battery issues, among other things, on my 5s. Considering apple touted it as giving an hour extra life, it's been a bit of a flop. Lots of similar issues with battery drain and I've yet to come across someone praising it for improved life!

Was considering a 6s after having some other issues with this 5s, but not sure what to think of that now. Lots of people complaining about poor life on that too..

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
iOS 9.0.2 solves a lot of the graphical issues that I was having on my iPhone 6 Plus.

As for the battery issues, what kind of battery life issues are people seeing? I'm still seeing a good day and a half worth of heavy usage out of my iPhone 6 Plus, same as it was on iOS 8.4.

MrRJ

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
iOS 9.0.2 solves a lot of the graphical issues that I was having on my iPhone 6 Plus.

As for the battery issues, what kind of battery life issues are people seeing? I'm still seeing a good day and a half worth of heavy usage out of my iPhone 6 Plus, same as it was on iOS 8.4.

My normal day of 4 +\- hours music/audible with all radios turned off, an hour or so worth of browsing and some calls and texts used to get me through the day with about 40% left to spare on iOS 8.4. As soon as I upgraded I don't get anywhere near through the day. In fact, I'm doing a couple of quick boosts throughout the day..

It was a fresh install of iOS 9, then an upgrade to 9.0.1 and then another fresh install of 9.0.2. Each time setting up as new. Battery monitor doesn't show any rogue apps.

It's becoming a bit of a brick for me. I was thinking of an upgrade to a 6s if I could stomach the physical size gain, but I don't think I'll bother. I'm not interested in a phone I have to charge throughout the day - it's not convenient for me.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Have you gone to an Apple Store to have them check your battery? It may be losing its ability to hold a charge properly.

As for music playing, are you using a pair of headphones or are you using the speaker on the phone?

MrRJ

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Have you gone to an Apple Store to have them check your battery? It may be losing its ability to hold a charge properly.

As for music playing, are you using a pair of headphones or are you using the speaker on the phone?

I only began having issues when I upgraded to iOS 9... Before it was fine... Not sure there's anything wrong with the battery.

Always use headphone for music.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I only began having issues when I upgraded to iOS 9... Before it was fine... Not sure there's anything wrong with the battery.

My battery life improved dramatically when I updated to iOS 9. But, I did a complete restore to get it that way. When iOS 9 came out, I did the OTA install, which went well, but I noticed battery drain, so I plugged into my computer did a backup and then restored. Everything has been fine since then and I've noticed that my battery lasts much longer and I have more unused battery left at the end of the day.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

Take it to the Apple store and have them check it out. I had similar issues with my 5 after an update, and it turned out to be my battery becoming defective. Not sure how it happened, but that is what I was told. They replaced it of course.

piercedirish

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
On my iphone 5S I am having several of the same issues. Lag,dropped frame rate, imessages not delivering. Siri doesn't make recommendations for travel (the settings are on) and the news doesn't populate on the Spotlight Search page (the settings are on) The main issue is when I make phone calls neither party can hear each other with the exception of a few words. This is a deal breaker! Talked with Apple support. They weren't sure what is up. My 5s was a work horse....until now. Now it feels like a old Android phone. Given the chance to go back to 8.4.1 I would. I have restored twice and started fresh. Same issue each time. HELP...Anyone?!?!?!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner