We're at iOS 9 and still haven't touched this. Why can't I download MP3's onto my device then set them as ringtones?

guy24w

May 3, 2014
Visit site
We're at iOS 9 and still haven't touched this.

I got my new 6s this weekend and stumbled into this question again. Why can't I download an MP3 on my device and then set it as a ringtone. I can't even download an MP3, open it in GarageBand on iOS and make it a ringtone. You still need a Mac to make your own ringtones. This only bugs me more because I purchased a text tone from iTunes but unlike everything else you buy from iTunes and the App Store you only get one copy of a text tone. Setting a phone up as new and you have to buy that ringtone again. I get the way contracts and deals work but this is stupid. At least let me import to GarageBand and I could figure it out from there.

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: We're at iOS 9 and still haven't touched this.

I could have sworn you could redownload tunes onto another phone....

EarleD

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

Because Apple is too uptight about relinquishing control of the phone. It ridiculous that in this day you cant just add a simple ringtone with out using iTunes

Miska Hietala

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

Why make it easy for customers to get free ringtones when you can sell them for $$ at store?

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

I got my new 6s this weekend and stumbled into this question again. Why can't I download an MP3 on my device and then set it as a ringtone. I can't even download an MP3, open it in GarageBand on iOS and make it a ringtone. You still need a Mac to make your own ringtones. This only bugs me more because I purchased a text tone from iTunes but unlike everything else you buy from iTunes and the App Store you only get one copy of a text tone. Setting a phone up as new and you have to buy that ringtone again. I get the way contracts and deals work but this is stupid. At least let me import to GarageBand and I could figure it out from there.

You don't need a Mac. Follow this link, it explains it step by step for doing it right on your device. I have had no issues with it.

Create a Ringtone Directly on iPhone with Garageband | OSXDaily

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
We're at iOS 9 and still haven't touched this. Why can't I download MP3's ont...

Yes you can make your own custom tone. You can't import an MP3 into iOS GarageBand though.

Yes you can. Just download an AudioBus/Audioshare compatible app from the App Store. IOS GarageBand is AudioBus compatible. You can import and export at will.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2