Weird problem with Siri, iOS9 with Apple earphones

Curtis Boyle

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I didn't try this on iOS 9.0.0 before upgrading to iOS 9.0.1 today (it did work in 8.4.1), but when I have the Apple earphones in my iPhone 6+, and hold down the control to fire SIRI up, it comes up to the Siri screen fine, but won't see my voice at all (doesn't move the color sine wave bars at all). At first, I thought maybe my mic wasn't working, but if I go to the voice memos app, and record (still using the earphone mic) it works perfectly fine.
Any thoughts/solutions from everyone would be greatly appreciated.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No, not really. I mean, are you able to communicate with Siri, despite not seeing the audio wave? If so, why be concerned about it. It's probably a glitch of some sort, but to be honest, I haven't noticed. Leave some feedback for Apple on their support page.

Curtis Boyle

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Siri responds normally if I am not using the earphones. Using the earphones, Siri doesn't hear anything I say, and comes back with things like "I don't understand", etc. Basically, Siri does not seem to accessing the earphone mic, while Voice memos is. Siri works when using the iPhone's built in mic fine.
(I should mention that the "do not understand" messages are standard if Siri can't hear you if you talk to quietly, have too much surrounding noise, etc.)

mckenziepiping

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem! It'll say "What can I help you with?" but there's no colourful wave at the bottom of the screen! This happens intermittently though.... and if I immediately press and hold the microphone button a second time, that usually gets it to start working and then it hears me fine.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh