I can't "slide to upgrade" during the upgrade to IOS9
I keep going round in circles and not going anywhere after installing the IOS9 upgrade. I can't "slide to upgrade" to the next step, If I then shut my phone down using the power and centre button, it goes back to installing the upgrade, slide to set up, says "Update completed successfully complete a few more steps and you're finished" I push "continue then it shows the "slide to upgrade" which then won't slide and I'm back to square one again.
- 09-19-2015, 10:03 PM #2
- 09-19-2015, 10:22 PM #3Banned
- 6,101 Posts
Re: I can't "slide to upgrade" during the upgrade to IOS9
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to a computer.
- Open iTunes.
- Choose your device in the iTunes window. You may have to force restart (hold power and home button for several seconds) to reboot the iOS device. This should make it show up in iTunes as usual.
- Restore from a backup made before iOS 9. If you haven’t got a recent backup, make a backup now and then restore from that.
- Although backing up and immediately restoring to that same ‘buggy’ backup seems redundant, it actually flushes out the weirdness and when the phone boots again it will be able to complete the upgrade.
- By Galfromiowa in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-19-2015, 10:01 PM
- By Aks Walia in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 3Last Post: 09-19-2015, 09:30 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-19-2015, 08:57 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-19-2015, 08:32 PM