iOS 9 questions/issues anyone else?

Judson50

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded iOS 9 right when I came out. Since then I've had the following issues

My phone refuses to do Wi-Fi back up

Certain apps won't download the updates, it will start but then I'll get a message saying cannot download the update

Wi-Fi seems to work, but is very quirky. Whereas, I will be on Wi-Fi and open a webpage and it will seem as if it's unresponsive, and then all of a sudden it will work. As if it has a five second delay.
The Accelerometer seems to be somewhat Coki. Whereas, when the phone is in lock mode and I turn the phone on but don't unlock it and flip the rotation, I can see the screen rotate from landscape to portrait.

At random times the phone seems to be extremely unresponsive from anywhere from 1 to 3 seconds after I push an app close something Press the home button etc.

When using GPS the phone battery seems to drain extremely fast. I have battery management under control, so it's not because I have everything turned on.

I have an iPhone 6 Plus.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues? Just trying to get a feel if this is consistent or if I need to clean install my iOS.

My assumption is next update should take care of these quirky bugs.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Many, including myself, have experienced the iCloud back up issue. Apple has assured me all is ok. My back ups are still there and safe. The problem has been the servers. It's not your device or iOS 9. Try doing a back up late at night or real early in the morning. Just keep trying. It should smooth over soon. The other issues are fairly normal for an initial release. Look for fixes in upcoming updates. Some may work themselves out. You can try a hard reset,
Hold the top power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.

You can leave Apple feedback here if you wish:
https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html#mn_p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods