Reboot downloading large binaries in the App Store (iOS 8 and now 9)?

lindend

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Reboot downloading large binaries in the App Store (iOS 8 and now 9)

Ever since upgrading to iOS 8.x, downloading large binaries from the App Store after my iPad (gen 3) has been running for a few hours causes the iPad to freeze and eventually reboot. After reboot, it is able to download the binary that caused the reboot w/o a problem.

Symptoms appear like a memory leak. Was hoping iOS 9 would fix, but it hasn't. I have about 6GB free and the big binaries range between 150-500MB.

Any ideas of how to work around this?

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: Reboot downloading large binaries in the App Store (iOS 8 and now 9)

I had an iPad 2 and have not experienced this issue. You can do what Keith says and it should work.

Have you tried a reset by holding down both the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears? A reset like this seems to sort out a multitude of low-level software problems.

lindend

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

There is definitely something unique with my configuration, didn't encounter the problem until iOS 8.

Very rarely connect/sync to iTunes so I'd really like to solve issue. I have rarely seen the freeze (iOS 8 only) using some other apps, but its not repeatable like the AppStore crash is.

Is there any way to tell if I'm running low on free RAM and iOS is unable to free up enough memory?

lindend

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I've done the hard reset (power & home), numerous times in the past for this issue. Doesn't help.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2