Siri/spotlight suggestions (nearby) is not showing in ios 9
- 09-18-2015, 10:25 AM #4
- 09-18-2015, 10:32 AM #5
- 09-18-2015, 10:44 AM #8
- 09-18-2015, 01:20 PM #10
- 09-18-2015, 03:09 PM #11
- 09-18-2015, 03:28 PM #12iMore Beginner
- 82 Posts
Re: Siri/spotlight suggestions (neabry) is not showing in ios 9
That menu is what you get when you pull down on the page. To get the spotlight menu with nearby and news you need to swipe to the right from the first page of your apps. You'll then get that spotlight search you are looking for.
- 09-19-2015, 03:55 PM #15
- 09-20-2015, 10:44 PM #17
- 09-22-2015, 05:12 AM #18
- 05-21-2016, 01:05 AM #20
- 05-21-2016, 07:40 PM #21
- 25,057 Posts
Re: Siri/spotlight suggestions (nearby) is not showing in ios 9
Spotlight suggestions uses Apple Maps to show local places. Apple Maps uses your address in your contact card in your contacts. So be sure you have your address entered in the correct place in your contact card.
If you're still having issues, try these steps.
1.Toggle Siri Suggestions off
2. Turn off Siri and allow "hey Siri".
3. Turn off Location Services
4. Reset Network Settings
Reset Network Settings Settings>General>Reset>Tap Reset Network Settings. You may need to enter your wifi passcode back in afterwards.
5. Now a hard reset
Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.
6. Now enable the Siri Suggestions, Siri from Spotlight, Turn On Location Services and setup Wi-Fi on your device.
- By Karem Fuentes in forum iOS 9Replies: 2Last Post: 09-18-2015, 08:09 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-18-2015, 07:16 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-18-2015, 05:12 AM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-18-2015, 04:26 AM
- By Jwan ph in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-18-2015, 04:12 AM