I downloaded iOS 9 and now the game center doesn't work. What could the problem be?

I

iMore Question

I downloaded iOS 9 and now the game centre doesn't work

This only happened after downloading ios9. The game centre app is blank page, when I go to settings and touch game centre everything freezes in settings and I have to swipe and clear the frozen page. I tried things others have tried before like booting it, turning off auto date, removing the cover from iPad. My husband updated his iPad mini at the same time and has the same problem.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: I downloaded iOS 9 and now the game centre doesn't work

I'm not having this problem on my iPhone 6 Plus or iPad mini.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Game Center works fine on my 6 Plus & iPad Mini 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newton65uk

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site

I am having the same problem on my iPad Air 2 but my iPhone 6 Plus is fine! Both upgraded at the same time but my iPad was done via settings> software update and my iPhone via the PC!

Patrick McCoy1

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same problem, and many games won't work without the Game Center!! This seems to be happening on iPads and iPad minis only, as my phone and most others I hear are working fine.

Miaow65

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem on iPhone 4S :( But my partners phone exactly same is working

***just an update I rang Apple Care Australia - they are going to submit this to their enginerrs - they did ask i completely wipe the phone (ie factory restore) to test if that fixed it but didnt really want to after how my itunes had played up yesterday with trying to install iOS9 that way (ended up doing it via phone Wifi as kept saying was an error ) would have hated to wipe it and then have it say sorry i cant restore it......

Last edited:

Evil Rastlin

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
iPhone 6 same problem as the rest with fame center since io9... I have factory reset the phone 3 times, called Apple and nothing has fixed the problem.

Anthony Walker4

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
I had this problem with iPhone 4S originally with public beta (was unclear whether GC should work with beta) but persisted with official release of 9.0. Tried factory reset which didn't help. Just gone back to 8.4.1 which has solved the problem. Hopefully fix will be found soon so I can go back to 9 in future.

Hayden Brougham

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
I have just updated to iOS 9 and cannot log into game centre through settings or the app. I tried settings and all it does is lag and freeze and do nothing. Game centre only comes up with blank white screen. Pls advise how to fix as I have reset iPad to no avail and play games with multiple gc's

Peter David1

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
The same problem here on iPhone 6. I wonder how many more should write about it so apple fix this crap. This is annoying, irritating, ridiculous!

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Gamecenter working fine on my 5S, plus any apps that use gamecenter work fine too.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk