How is the performance with iOS9 (iPad Mini and iPhone4S)?

Thiago_TES

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
How is the performance with iOS9 (iPad Mini and iPhone4S)

hi guys, I have two old devices, an Ipad Mini (1st Gen) and a Iphone 4S, and I want to know if anyone that has this devices already updated to the new iOS9.
If anyone did this, can you tell how is the performance in those devices? Should I upgrade?
Thanks

Daniel Gabriel

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: How is the performance with iOS9 (iPad Mini and iPhone4S)

I don't know about iPad Mini 1st gen but the iphone 4s is not optimized to run iOS 9 at all. (There is sluggishness in everything you do.) You can test it out but I recommend you not to. Evene my iPhone 5s runs slow on iOS9.

Thiago_TES

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site

I don't know about iPad Mini 1st gen but the iphone 4s is not optimized to run iOS 9 at all. (There is sluggishness in everything you do.) You can test it out but I recommend you not to. Evene my iPhone 5s runs slow on iOS9.

thanks! I read an article saying that the performance difference wasn't great, but with your experience I'll wait a little bit

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site

I too have the original Mini, and just installed iOS9 yesterday.. too early to tell about performance, battery life, etc. Will report back after the weekend to give it time to settle in.

What I DO NOT like is the new Application Switcher panels and how they overlap and you have to scroll through them, instead of showing smaller panels, or even thumbnails to quickly be able to see which apps are open and easily close them.

I also have a 4s, but that is jailbroke on iOS8.4 and will stay that way until/if a jailbreak comes to iOS9.

Thiago_TES

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site

I too have the original Mini, and just installed iOS9 yesterday.. too early to tell about performance, battery life, etc. Will report back after the weekend to give it time to settle in.

What I DO NOT like is the new Application Switcher panels and how they overlap and you have to scroll through them, instead of showing smaller panels, or even thumbnails to quickly be able to see which apps are open and easily close them.

I also have a 4s, but that is jailbroke on iOS8.4 and will stay that way until/if a jailbreak comes to iOS9.

thanks man! I'll wait for your report!

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site

Browsing using chrome or safari is unbearably slow! It's as though the browsers are trying to render the pages over and over.....takes for...ev..ear to load this page... Not happy.

I do like the split keyboard though using the mini in portrait mode..

Still can't get over how crappy the app switcher works... Terrible.

XeyeL

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

iOS 9 is working well with 4s. When I originally installed it, it was unbearably slow. I did a restart by simultaneously holding down the home button and the power button for about 8-10 seconds. Once the apple logo appeared, I let go. Once it came on. Went through the phone and it was back to normal.

ryansethx

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site

I'm currently using my iPhone 4S running iOS 9.0.1. It's sluggish, apps load a little longer than before.

Thiago_TES

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site

iOS 9 is working well with 4s. When I originally installed it, it was unbearably slow. I did a restart by simultaneously holding down the home button and the power button for about 8-10 seconds. Once the apple logo appeared, I let go. Once it came on. Went through the phone and it was back to normal.

already tried with the 9.0.2 version? do you recommend installing ios9? (i'm using iOS8). Thanks!

Thiago_TES

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site

Browsing using chrome or safari is unbearably slow! It's as though the browsers are trying to render the pages over and over.....takes for...ev..ear to load this page... Not happy.

I do like the split keyboard though using the mini in portrait mode..

Still can't get over how crappy the app switcher works... Terrible.

any improvement with the new updates?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2