Exactly.
    From yesterday to today going from iOS 8.4.1 to iOS 9 I haven't missed a step. I'm still able to conduct business and pleasure with the same iPhone. I could still do my thing with a least 4S maybe even a 3GS.
    Any desire to upgrade to a 6S Plus is a desire for 3D Touch. Just like I had a desire for Touch ID in the 5S and Apple Pay in the 6 and larger screen in the 6 Plus.
    I'm still getting it done with a iPad 2. Split screen in iOS 9 on a Air 2 gives me the desire to upgrade from IPad 2 to Air 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Funny you mention that. I've got a 3GS that I still fire up on occasion. It's running iOS 6. At that, it lags. I am not surprised. That's a three year difference between the release of the device and the OS it's running. Compare that to my Note 4 which can't run on a one year upgrade.

And it's got what? 4GB RAM? Can't take a picture. That's awesome.

People who we obsessed with specs are obsessed with touting them for their own sake, and ignore the very real fact that an underspecced device with a properly and efficiently coded OS can run laps around a poorly executed badly optimised overspecced device that NEEDS that H U G E hardware to make up for bad coding and poor optimisation.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6 while I wait for my NEW AWESOME GORGEOUS SEXY 128GB iPhone 6s Plus in Rose Gold
    09-17-2015 06:54 AM
    It depends on the phone as much as the platform. Some Android phones can't last a year (Samsung), but others seem to last as long as an iPhone (such as Motorola's Maxx and Turbo). I own a 6+ and a Turbo and find that a phone is a phone. They are much more similar than they are different.
    jnew619 and zinedine like this.
    09-17-2015 07:43 AM
    Still waiting for Lollipop 5.1 on my Note 4. Lollipop turned it into a hot mess. It's unusable.

For all the specs, I can't take two pictures in sequence because the camera freezes. FB crashes constantly. And battery life tanked.

An it totally outspecs my iPhone 6.

But yeah.....people are into specs....meh.....I'm into performance. My iPhone 6 outperforms my Note 4 in my use.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6 while I wait for my NEW AWESOME GORGEOUS SEXY 128GB iPhone 6s Plus in Rose Gold
    How about the 10 second delay IF it even opens when clicking on the picture after you take it to view it. The delay upon opening the task manager. I will say that when I flashed a stock 5.1.1 on the note 4 the task manager had no delay at all. But the camera issue was still an issue. It amazes me the iphone 6 plus outperforms those specs.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    09-17-2015 08:17 AM
    It appears to be memory issue. Immediately after a reboot the device is somewhat sluggish, like animations when swiping through homescreens, first launch of the keyboard and opening folders. Once those animations are committed to memory it becomes smooth.

09-17-2015 08:23 AM
    How about the 10 second delay IF it even opens when clicking on the picture after you take it to view it. The delay upon opening the task manager. I will say that when I flashed a stock 5.1.1 on the note 4 the task manager had no delay at all. But the camera issue was still an issue. It amazes me the iphone 6 plus outperforms those specs.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    Lollipop took a device that was a BEAST and totally hobbled it.

I'm fairly disgusted by it.

AND it's a disgusting fact that FB on my BlackBerry Quasimodo runs more efficiently than on my Note 4. THAT is appalling.

09-17-2015 08:28 AM
    My 6+ and IPad Air are very slow and jerky! Giving second thoughts to my 6s preorder!
    LimonJoe likes this.
    09-17-2015 08:31 AM
    I don't care what other people are interested in.
    I like that!
    I'm interested in the hardware because I'm tired of spending $800+ year on phone upgrades and I want a phone that has the hardware and capabilities I need, and one that I know will get proper backports when new ones are added and the hardware is capable.
    Understood

The lack of OIS for video is an issue for what I use my phone for.
    Understood
    Moving forwards, I'm not going to invest further in a device line that purposely holds back useful features to drive upgrades.
    Now that's an assumption. Furthermore, feedback from its target base may be a major factor for them taking baby steps instead of leaps and bounds.
    Great for business, and they're free to do that. But it's disingenuous to the buyer.
    It may appear disingenuous to the technically inclined, but I doubt the average iPhone user feels that way, but I could be wrong.
    Couple that with virtually every Android flagship doing 240FPS and how Video Analysis apps on iOS (and Android) are being crippled with IAP and Subscriptions I've moved most of that back to my PC, anyways.
    I hear you.
    I just need a phone that I won't have to worry about having half-implemented features and not ticking in the boxes with major updates.
    Again, I hear you, but for 'me' and 'my' smartphone needs, the iPhone is sufficient and the upgrades are welcomed.

Battery Life my 6+ is the same as always.
    Yeah, I get great battery life with my 6 Plus.
    Performance is sketchy.
    Performance is smooth, stable and fast for me, but I'm the type that tweak the settings to suit 'me'.
    There really isn't much new stuff to play with so I didn't waste much time "exploring." My Phone updated on the charger 100% and has been off the charger since. If the battery life was affected, I'd have noticed it in the past 8 or 9 hours.
    I hear you.
    JanuarJaguar likes this.
    09-17-2015 08:59 AM
    WOW, I really thought you would like it. You would have to go back to iOS8 thru iTunes.
    I jumped the gun way too soon. I still have the mail issue & the settings app opening weird but, everything is a lot better than it was on iOS 8. Fast as hell

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus  using Tapatalk
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-17-2015 09:05 AM
    I jumped the gun way too soon. I still have the mail issue & the settings app opening weird but, everything is a lot better than it was on iOS 8. Fast as hell

Wait until iOS 9.1 drops, it feels faster than iOS 9.0

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    Just_Me_D and swarlos like this.
    09-17-2015 09:09 AM
    I wonder what is causing the difference in experiences for people so far? I noticed some lag on our iPad 4 when bringing up the task switcher yesterday, but I honestly didn't play with it much - my 3 year old has basically commandeered it to watch Paw Patrol. I don't have an iPhone to judge the difference in speed/lag/etc. other than that on my iPad. And the 6s Plus I ordered will be coming in with iOS 9, which I'm assuming will be like a baby oiled slip 'n' slide by the time I get it in.

And one thing I've noticed over the years with iOS devices and Android devices is that the iOS ones stay relevant a WHOLE LOT longer. My daughter (the 13 year old, not the 3 year old) has an iPhone 4, which is what, 5 years old now?! Now granted it's on iOS 7, but it still works fairly well. It does lag and it stutters and it takes like 3-5 minutes to start up. But it definitely functions. There isn't an Android phone on the market that is 5 years old that works as well as that thing does.

And I've heard so many horror stories about the Note 4 being such a great phone until Lollipop. And that Lollipop just completely derailed it. Although I have also heard of some people that got a Note 4 recently that had Lollipop installed on it already and it worked well. So I dunno. It's tough to gauge experiences in Android - they always seem to be completely all over the board.
    jnew619 and Just_Me_D like this.
    09-17-2015 09:10 AM

Oh okay, now that sounds a lot a better....KOOL
    09-17-2015 09:10 AM
    I'm not sure what folks are experiencing with iOS 9 but I just wrote out a 3 page music chart on my iPad 2 with iOS 9 no issues by listening to the music over Bluetooth on my 6 Plus with iOS 9 streaming the song from drop box. Like butter.

Spencerdl and Just_Me_D like this.
    09-17-2015 09:11 AM
    I've had Facebook, Twitter, and Tapatalk open at the same time on my 5S and I've had no slow downs or refreshing so far on iOS 9

Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-17-2015 09:13 AM
    Wait until iOS 9.1 drops, it feels faster than iOS 9.0

Any idea when we can expect it ?

Spencerdl likes this.
    09-17-2015 09:15 AM
    I've had Facebook, Twitter, and Tapatalk open at the same time on my 5S and I've had no slow downs or refreshing so far on iOS 9

I never close apps so who knows what I've got running right now.

And it's silky smooth.

09-17-2015 09:18 AM
    Any idea when we can expect it ?

The public beta is available right now, release will probably be with the iPad Pro

09-17-2015 09:18 AM
    I'm not sure what folks are experiencing with iOS 9 but I just wrote out a 3 page music chart on my iPad 2 with iOS 9 no issues by listening to the music over Bluetooth on my 6 Plus with iOS 9 streaming the song from drop box. Like butter.

NOT "butter"..."BUTTA".....SMILE
    09-17-2015 09:49 AM
    Things to consider:

1. If you were having problems prior to upgrading the iOS version, it may be best to do a clean install and then set up the device as new.

2. Sometimes, an upgrade doesn't go as smoothly as we'd hope. Simply try again.

3. Don't forget that apps and games need to be updated to work with the new iOS version so don't freak out when your favorite app/game stops working after the install.

4. Give the device time to settle in after the install. If you're restoring thousands of pics and music, as well as your apps and games, the device is going to stutter and jerk and appear not as smooth.

5. If you can, install via iTunes and set it up as new.
    09-17-2015 09:54 AM
    What he said ↑↑. After using it a day, I can say my old iP 5 has a breath of new life. IOS 9 runs great. There is a crinkle or two, but they'll fix those in 9.0.1 or whatever. I can't wait to see it perform on my new iPhone 6s Plus on the 25th.
    09-17-2015 09:58 AM
    I wonder what is causing the difference in experiences for people so far? I noticed some lag on our iPad 4 when bringing up the task switcher yesterday, but I honestly didn't play with it much - my 3 year old has basically commandeered it to watch Paw Patrol. I don't have an iPhone to judge the difference in speed/lag/etc. other than that on my iPad. And the 6s Plus I ordered will be coming in with iOS 9, which I'm assuming will be like a baby oiled slip 'n' slide by the time I get it in.

And one thing I've noticed over the years with iOS devices and Android devices is that the iOS ones stay relevant a WHOLE LOT longer. My daughter (the 13 year old, not the 3 year old) has an iPhone 4, which is what, 5 years old now?! Now granted it's on iOS 7, but it still works fairly well. It does lag and it stutters and it takes like 3-5 minutes to start up. But it definitely functions. There isn't an Android phone on the market that is 5 years old that works as well as that thing does.

And I've heard so many horror stories about the Note 4 being such a great phone until Lollipop. And that Lollipop just completely derailed it. Although I have also heard of some people that got a Note 4 recently that had Lollipop installed on it already and it worked well. So I dunno. It's tough to gauge experiences in Android - they always seem to be completely all over the board.
    That stopped being true a long time ago, as most Android OEMs support flagships for about three years or more. Performance on them stays better longer because the devices are specced in a future proof manner.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    09-17-2015 10:31 AM
    Those of you reporting lag and/or battery issues have an app misbehaving in the background. To actually find a fix, go to settings - battery, and see what app is using a lot of battery. Tap on the app list for a detailed background of whether it's on screen battery usage, or background activity. For those of you with slowness/battery issues, chances are very good that there's an app in that list with abnormally high battery usage and background activity.
    09-17-2015 10:44 AM
    That stopped being true a long time ago, as most Android OEMs support flagships for about three years or more. Performance on them stays better longer because the devices are specced in a future proof manner.

That's not even remotely true. I'm an Android guy. Have been for the better part of 5 years. I love the platform, but it in no way receives the same support as Apple. Even Nexus devices don't have anything but a 2 year guarantee on support.

Google to deliver 2-year update promise for Nexus devices
    Spencerdl and m_kock like this.
    09-17-2015 10:51 AM
    That's not even remotely true. I'm an Android guy. Have been for the better part of 5 years. I love the platform, but it in no way receives the same support as Apple. Even Nexus devices don't have anything but a 2 year guarantee on support.

Google to deliver 2-year update promise for Nexus devices
    I had a Galaxy S, S2, S3, and Note 3. So, a pretty good idea of how the devices were supported... All of them received 2-3 years of support. After that, I'll have upgraded anyways so it wouldn't matter. But it's completely true. All you have to do is go back and look at the support track record for their devices. 100% verifiable.

What Google does for Nexus has nothing to do with how independent OEMs support their devices. I've never, and will never, buy a Nexus device. Google's "support" is basically non-existent.

jnew619 likes this.
    09-17-2015 10:55 AM

WOW, This is just not even close to being true. ...LOL. Maybe your definition of support is different than almost everyone.
    09-17-2015 11:03 AM
    I find iOS 9 to run very smooth. The phone feels faster... Also I seem to make less mistakes on the keyboard. Very nice os.

I am getting a Silver iPhone 6s next... can't wait.

Currently have the Space Grey iPhone 6.
    09-17-2015 11:08 AM
253 12345 ...