iOS 9 is slow...

vox212

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
iOS 9 is running fast and smoothly on our two iPhones and iPad Mini's. My problem is the OS X 10.11 El Capitan GM running on my MBP 2013 model. Some apps such as Chrome and Safari are practically running in slow motion. Not sure if it's the apps or if OS X 10.11 has somehow corrupted my network settings. Also running into a lot of other software incompatibly issues. It seems developers are slow to update their apps or have just abandoned some of my older apps that were running fine in 10.10.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Just look up all of the issues that thing had.

Wasn't it supposed to be the Holy Grail of Android. More like Holy Fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. Mine has been great since I bought it last January. What don't you like about it? I can see if you prefer apple but the only complaint I've heard levied against the N6 is it's too big for many folks.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

kkvr2823

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Hello trparky,

i had the same issue with my Iphone 6+ and i found that doing the following helped really smooth out the animations etc..

Settings - general - accesibility - increase contrast, turn on Reduce Transparency and Darken Colors

This really increased the speed!

Hope it works.

alberto.jogomes

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Tips guys. I have the iPad mini 2 and the iPhone 6 and really feel them sluggish specially when I swipe it to the Siri suggestions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

meashishnd

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
lots of peoples are discussed and shouting after udpate ios9 like iphone working very slow . leggy feel hanging also see phone screen blink so fast when locked unlocked also in mail app faced in i6+ so force restart work normally.. now but still feel so leggy,, slow steps hope apple will fix in 9.1 as usually released

Keldog

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I have been having some horrible lag on my 5S since the upgrade. Performing a clean install now, to see if that will solve the problem.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I removed the video because I just can't get a good representation of the lag that I see. It's not anything really pronounced, just little bits of lag. For instance, if I open the Task Switcher and very very very slowly move the task cards back and forth I can see the cards jump a bit forward as versus a smooth transition.

Now, I may just be nitpicking it because... well, it's Apple. Apple products should be perfect in every way imaginable. Yet there are definite things that I can see that's... not perfect.

Last edited: