Pl Help me updating to iOS 9
I'm asking for your help here. I'm running iOS 8.4.1 on my iPhone and i want to do a clean install of iOS 9 because
1. iBooks no longer works (crashes when i hit the 'table of contents' button while reading a book). It worked fine until about 40 days ago.
2. Reminders stopped working when i updated to 8.3
I'm sure iOS 9 clean install will get rid of the above issues but the problem is that a clean install means I'll also lose all my SMS and iMessages because I won't be restoring from the 8.4.1 backup.
Is there a way i can backup only my messages somewhere and restore them when on iOS 9?
I use iTunes for backup. Does icloud backup provide option to backup only messages? Or any other ideas please. Thank you!
- 09-14-2015, 03:35 PM #2
- 09-14-2015, 05:09 PM #3iMore Intermediate
- 225 Posts
Re: Pl Help me updating to iOS 9
Native apple tools won't allow you to just restore your SMS messages, however this specific challenge can possibly be solved with some third party tools and a few dollars.
***i have not personally tried any of the methods available, as I normally just let my SMS messages go with every clean install***
This wired article should be a great place to start your research.
Total Recall: How to Back Up All the Text Messages on Your iPhone | WIRED
- By jnew619 in forum OS X El Capitan (10.11)Replies: 3Last Post: 09-22-2015, 08:46 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6s PlusReplies: 14Last Post: 09-16-2015, 09:41 AM
- By NinerJet9 in forum iOS 9Replies: 2Last Post: 09-15-2015, 11:15 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 09-14-2015, 03:03 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-14-2015, 02:12 PM