Getting back to the regular release of ios?

darylmac1

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I am currently on iOS 9.1 beta software, I would like to just go back to regular updates. I do not have an iOS 8 backup nor do I have iTunes at the moment. How can I go about getting down to 9.0?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I am currently on iOS 9.1 beta software, I would like to just go back to regular updates. I do not have an iOS 8 backup nor do I have iTunes at the moment. How can I go about getting down to 9.0?
If you don't have a back-up or iTunes, you're better off sticking with the beta you have. Going back would require a backup to restore and iTunes.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
So iOS 9 is available and I am not being able to download. Every time it shows "software update failed. An error occurred downloading iOS 9."

I'm on iOS 9 public beta 3. Is this normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
So iOS 9 is available and I am not being able to download. Every time it shows "software update failed. An error occurred downloading iOS 9."

I'm on iOS 9 public beta 3. Is this normal?

It's not like the servers aren't getting slammed right about now... I know y'all are anxious... but maybe trying again later might be worthwhile...

And if you're on the Public Beta - have you deleted the public beta profile? If not - do that...

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
It's not like the servers aren't getting slammed right about now... I know y'all are anxious... but maybe trying again later might be worthwhile...

And if you're on the Public Beta - have you deleted the public beta profile? If not - do that...

Yes, I deleted the beta profile few days ago. I'm sure it's the load on the servers. I was getting a little anxious because I've never been on beta before so I I thought perhaps that's messing up something. I'll wait and hopefully it'll be fine in a few hours. Thanks for your response!

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I deleted my beta profile, I still have ios 9.1, how do I get the public ios 9 release. Do I need itunes for that or can it be done without itunes.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Just to let you know, I have successfully updated to iOS 9 public release from my beta. Where is the news app?

trailracer618

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Is there any difference between the public beta and the official release version of ios 9? I have the beta and will only go to the official if there are additional features. Connecting to itunes is a pain.

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Because 9.1 beta is missing stuff like content blocking in safari, and popular near me. I've seen people with the general release and their phones are not missing that.

9.1 beta certainly has content blocking in Safari. First you have to have a content blocking app; it's not built-in to iOS 9. Once you download an app, look in Settings->Safari and you will see Content Blocking and be able to activate the app.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR