Re: iOS 9.1 Public Beta 1 available
iOS 9.1 on 6 Plus is running rather well so far. No more random reboots so far, which happened on iOS 9.0 rather frequently; from time to time, it would just boot back to the Apple logo.
A couple of complaints though, which I hope they address it in the next build or the finalised build.
- Why can't I change slow-mo speed on the fly anymore? That is, there's no option to change the FPS on the camera itself and instead have to go to the settings. Now I have to dig through the settings every time I wanted to switch between 120 FPS and 240 FPS.
- Switching from one orientation to another tends to confuse the phone at times. Some folders would either turn black or the wallpaper behind won't rotate.
- Notifications in Settings: Instead of showing what applications are allowed to notify and which are not (like in iOS 8), they are now sorted alphabetically. A bit redundant, in my opinion, because you can still scroll through the settings and collectively configure the permissions of each app.
- Photoshop like editing for native Photo app, maybe? Maybe custom gradients, tinting and so on, and being able to "paint" only the areas that I want to apply the effect. Nothing too complicated, but just something like Fantasia Painter on Windows Phone.
- Just nitpicking: More regional formats, keyboards and languages would be nice. I mean, how cool will it be if there's support for Latin or Anglo-Saon (Old English). As a self-claimed language nut, this would be the sweet.