iOS 9.1 Public Beta 5 available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alienware_51

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have a strange bug on their iPhone 6/6s where upon launch of the camera app, the camera isn't in focus, white balance is very cool, the frame freezes, then goes back to normal (i.e: WB is correct, camera focuses properly, and isn't frozen). This happened to me on PBeta 3 and now PBeta 4. I have a 64GB iPhone 6s FWIW.

After this bug does it's thing and the camera goes back to "normal" and I go to the home screen, then jump back into the camera, it works fine. It appears that this bug only occurs after leaving the device "sleep" for a few hours or not using the camera app for a few hours.

It's not a deal breaker, just something I noticed.

anon(5787457)

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
How is your battery life? I installed Beta 4 on my new 6s and after 20 minutes of music listening battery dropped from 100% to 90%! Could this be the Beta or the fact that the iPhone is new and the battery needs some time? So far battery life seems to be worse than on my 6 and I already deactivated Siri always on mode.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have a strange bug on their iPhone 6/6s where upon launch of the camera app, the camera isn't in focus, white balance is very cool, the frame freezes, then goes back to normal (i.e: WB is correct, camera focuses properly, and isn't frozen). This happened to me on PBeta 3 and now PBeta 4. I have a 64GB iPhone 6s FWIW.

After this bug does it's thing and the camera goes back to "normal" and I go to the home screen, then jump back into the camera, it works fine. It appears that this bug only occurs after leaving the device "sleep" for a few hours or not using the camera app for a few hours.

It's not a deal breaker, just something I noticed.
No issues with the camera. Did you set the phone up as new? Or update over your existing iOS?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
How is your battery life? I installed Beta 4 on my new 6s and after 20 minutes of music listening battery dropped from 100% to 90%! Could this be the Beta or the fact that the iPhone is new and the battery needs some time? So far battery life seems to be worse than on my 6 and I already deactivated Siri always on mode.

Did you go from 9.x to 9.1 PB 4? Or did you go from 8.x to 9.1 PB 4?

Alienware_51

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Battery life on 9.1 PB4 has been stellar. I have no complaints. I use my phone heavily during the day and around 9:30-10PM I still have at least 55% of my battery remaining. I unplug my phone at 6AM BTW.

I went from 9.X to 9.1 PB3 to 9.1 PB4. I did the standard OTA update to get the PB version.

Interestingly, since I posted the bug on here my iPhone hasn't acted up.

Gabebcn

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
Left my iPhone 6 charged 100% on the table and after 9 hours it still showed 100% even with the lockscreen full of notifications (mail, Facebook, Twitter, news etc). Idle behavior is amazing

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I installed PB4 OTA and noticed that it did not bring back the Feedback app (which I lost when I upgraded to PB3). I also noticed after installing PB4 that I have lost the "Profiles" section under Settings > General (I can't say whether I lost this during my upgrade to PB3 as well, as I never looked).

I've seen at least one other person report this on this forum, but I'm wondering if this something I should be concerned about or not. I did use the Feedback app early on (PB1) to report a couple of things, but after PB2, I never had a need to report anything. As for the Profiles, I can't say that I know enough about this to understand if it's a big deal or not.

Can anyone shed some light for me?

Last edited:

psyclingfan

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
So I went reinstalled the public beta profile and Profiles returned under general settings. Additionally, Feedback returned just by reinstalling the PB profile.

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
So I went reinstalled the public beta profile and Profiles returned under general settings. Additionally, Feedback returned just by reinstalling the PB profile.

Huh, I just did the same - downloaded the profile (as you would when joining the Beta program) and then restarted the phone as directed. Now I have my Profile and Feedback app back where they should be.

anon(5787457)

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I went from iOS 9 (preinstalled on the 6s) to 9.1PB 4 and restored from a backup. Would it be better to start from scratch?
Battery seems okay now - maybe I should wait a few days!?

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I went from iOS 9 (preinstalled on the 6s) to 9.1PB 4 and restored from a backup. Would it be better to start from scratch?
Battery seems okay now - maybe I should wait a few days!?

In my opinion, I'd stick with the backup. I've done that & it's very smooth.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus  using Tapatalk

fatfury

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
besides the new emojis, what re the differences from iOS 9.0.2 and public beta 9.1 beta 4? Im thinking of restoring back to 9.0.2 to see if it happens to run smoother than the beta, not to say the beta doesn't run well, i just happen to notice very minor stuttering, while performing small things like multitask, etc. Sending a text seems to have a small 1-2 sec delay when animating the text into the speech bubble and doesn't quiet animate "behind" the keyboard panel. it just kind of...shows up in its speech bubble in the convo.

Anyone running both iOS 9.0.2 and iOS 9.1 public beta 4 on two similar devices? do you notice a difference?

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I see it like Windows. Xp was great but Vista was a mess. 7 was introduced and people forgave and came back. Then oops! Windows 8, then 8.1 but still people weren't entirely happy. Now 10 seems pretty good. It's just a cycle of trying new things and gauging reactions.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk.

XP was the best OS ever. I was in love with 10 until I realised it messed up the speakers on my computer. I can't hear sound properly on my laptop now unless I have headphones plugged in because they messed up Realtek and it's now muted af

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Why would you want to go back to the lag fest that is iOS 9.0.2? If you ask me, the beta is much much better than 9.0.2 my a wide country mile. It's 9.0.2 that frustrates me to no end.

fatfury

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Why would you want to go back to the lag fest that is iOS 9.0.2? If you ask me, the beta is much much better than 9.0.2 my a wide country mile. It's 9.0.2 that frustrates me to no end.

After I scared myself last night and restored my iPhone back to 9.0.2 and thought I lost all of my settings and data, I ended up login back into the beta profile and downloading the public beta again. 1) it let me restore everything back onto my iPhone i wanted from its last back up, which was on iOS 9.1 public beta 4, and you're right. It seems like public beta 4 is a tad snappier with less lag than the actual public release.

The only thing that bothers me now about being in the public beta, is that theres really no way of going back to a regular release and keeping a current backup of your phone. in the even a public beta happens to be really glitchy or something, we are kind of screwed unless we decide to convert back via iTunes and lose our back up.

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Anyone seeing this happening? Here is the scene:

On 9.0.2, in the contacts app itself, search works as expected and brings up applicable names
On PB 9.1 v4, search in the contacts app returns nothing even though I enter valid search criteria

I am not talking about spotlight search (or whatever we call it now) - that works fine with both versions.

So, 'tis a mystery for me at present. Anyone else? Thanks folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox