iOS 9.1 Public Beta 5 available

Status
Not open for further replies.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: iOS 9.1 Public Beta 1 available

Having a similar issue to what I was experiencing on iOS beta 9. If I'm playing or using an app in landscape when I go to the app switcher it will appear horizontally and even my wallpaper will be horizontal instead of vertical for a bit. It looks so weird

reversalagent

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site

Probably a dumb question for many of you, but here goes:
Currently running 9.1 PB1. I have made a recent full encrypted backup via iTunes. Let's say I want to completely start over from scratch and reinstall the 9.1 PB.

Can I just restore parts of the backup? As in can I reinstall messages and photos, but not reinstall any apps and just do those one by one?
Regards

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

9.1 DB2 has been pretty solid. I am guessing the Public B2 will be the same.

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: iOS 9.1 Public Beta 2 available

Updating seems a lot faster, and I went from 2.1GB free to 2.2GB free on my iPhone 6+. Not been using it long but it seems just as stable as both the iOS 9 GM & iOS 9.1 Public Beta 1.

Roland

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site

lol iOS GM is not stable. It's wonky as hell. Hoping these next few releases really clean things up.

Let's be honest with ourselves, Apple core development is not the way it used to be. iOS back in the day was solid. that stuff would run for months with out any issues. Now days they want to try and please people with what is out there and making vital mistakes on the core part of the OS. STABILITY.

CremoCremo

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site

iOS 9.1 PB2 is pretty solid.

Noticed the following story, regarding iOS 9.0.1 has not fixed lock screen bypass flaw | Product Reviews Net

I can recreate up to the part where you select "Messages" in share screen. When I do, my phone reverts to the passcode entry screen. If I select "More" in the share screen, I can manipulate the "Activities". If I try to select anything except "Message" (Mail, Notes...) the Clock App locks up. So, looks like it is partially fixed? Anyone else?

Another issue I found....If I do have access to my phone (proper code/touch id entered) and I open the Clock App, enter something in the search field > Select All > Share > Mail > Cancel, the Mail App locks up with the keyboard on the bottom. I have to exit the Mail App and re-enter to get the "Delete Draft, Save Draft and Cancel" options. I can recreate every time. So far this appears to be limited to sharing via Mail from the Clock App.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

iOS 9.1 PB2 is pretty solid.

Noticed the following story, regarding iOS 9.0.1 has not fixed lock screen bypass flaw | Product Reviews Net

I can recreate up to the part where you select "Messages" in share screen. When I do, my phone reverts to the passcode entry screen. If I select "More" in the share screen, I can manipulate the "Activities". If I try to select anything except "Message" (Mail, Notes...) the Clock App locks up. So, looks like it is partially fixed? Anyone else?

Another issue I found....If I do have access to my phone (proper code/touch id entered) and I open the Clock App, enter something in the search field > Select All > Share > Mail > Cancel, the Mail App locks up with the keyboard on the bottom. I have to exit the Mail App and re-enter to get the "Delete Draft, Save Draft and Cancel" options. I can recreate every time. So far this appears to be limited to sharing via Mail from the Clock App.

Since it's a beta release, use the Feedback app and report your issue to Apple. It's not just a nice thing to do, it's a condition of running the beta software.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

I have not specifically tested or gone hunting issues, but so far, the Public Beta 2 is pretty solid. It does seem to have tightened up the issue with the occasional screen rotation glitch. It gets better with each update.

CremoCremo

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site

Since it's a beta release, use the Feedback app and report your issue to Apple. It's not just a nice thing to do, it's a condition of running the beta software.

Thanks. I did. I was sharing some observations. I was purposely testing to see if the screen lock bypass flaw was fixed.

twilite2000

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site

I love it. Downloaded it yesterday and I can't believe how smooth everything is. Safari opens super fast. Scrolling just glides like glass. It's lightening fast. I thought the battery life was awesome before but now it's unbelievable. I've called, texted, facebooked, looked at the news, played a couple of games and probably some other things and still have 85% battery life.

My only question is since updating to iOS 9.1 beta 2, will I still be a beta tester since I had to remove my profile to get this update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro