iOS 9.1 Public Beta 5 available

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: iOS 9.1 Public Beta 1 available

9.1 has been my daily driver for a few days and I haven't really had any real problems. I haven't noticed a battery hit and the worst thing that's happened is that Facebook crashed a couple of time unexpectedly (which, let's face it, is no real loss). I've rarely used the News app (just configured it and viewed it a handful of times), but haven't had it crash while using it.

Friends have advised me that I shouldn't be using it as my daily driver on my primary device, but I can't really see a reason not to at this point.

jclif

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

I decided to put the official 9.0 software on my device after have 9.1 public for a few days, its strange but even though I deleted my public beta profile when I check the software version it still tells me that 9.1 public beta is available to download. Anyone else who decided to use the official release have this same issue?

I wasn't having any real problems with it so I actually might go back and start using 9.1 instead.

thecubsman

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site

I have a major issue with 9.1 beta, in fact it's been present since iOS 9 beta 1...
And I've not heard a single "tech expert" comment on this? Makes me also wonder if anyone at Apple is truly even using these products any more?

Running any version of iOS 9 currently in release, beta or GM released today, open the podcasts app...play any video podcast you choose...it used to fill up the beautiful resolution screen display (on my iPad Air 2), but not any more! Ever since beta 1 of iOS 9, you get huge white bars on top and bottom of the screen and a VERY small rectangle in the middle in which to view your podcast!

Come on...this is Apple and not a third party app, this is their "flagship app" for podcasts!
How could they miss this from the beginning? And yes...I commented, commented and recommented through the public beta process feedback as well...not one change, not a hint anyone even cares about this!

Last edited:

Maxwell Zwe

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site

I found out another problem with the Music app. So, let's say when I type the keyword "electric", it first shows up the first 3 songs that has the word in the title or artist or whatever. When I hit the header bar like to show more results, it should typically show more music with the keyword.

iOS 9.1, however, only shows the first three songs with the keyword, EVEN when I expanded the results page (like clicking on Title, Artist, Album, etc.)

1) I typed "Wavves", which I have about 10 songs from the same artist.
IMG_1046.jpg

2) I pressed on "Music" (in French) to access more titles. However, it only shows the first 3 instead of all the music with their titles containing "Wavves".
IMG_1047.jpg

Last edited:

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
iOS 9.1 Public Beta 1 available

Loving how settings are set up in iOS 9. Just a random thought.
Oh and the little arrow top left that gets me back to where I was when I click on a link.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6 while I wait for my NEW AWESOME GORGEOUS SEXY 128GB iPhone 6s Plus in Rose Gold

Jason Cockerham

Community Reviews Team Leader
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Same thing for me. iCloud backup didn't work on 9.0 pb 3. Haven't tried going to 9.1 yet. Installing the public release version of 9.0 on my phone now. Gonna run that for a few days. Is 9.1 noticeably faster and more stable? Even tough it's a beta?

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site

I have noticed my first problem with ios 9.1. When I'm on Twitter and want to send a picture I no longer have the ability to and only have the option to access my camera

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site

Well, let me tell you 'bout the way she looked, the way she acted, the color of her hair...
Her voice was soft and cool, her eyes were clear and bright, but she's not there

Some of those lyrics recovered me of the lyrics for Dangerous by Michael Jackson lol

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I have a major issue with 9.1 beta, in fact it's been present since iOS 9 beta 1...
And I've not heard a single "tech expert" comment on this? Makes me also wonder if anyone at Apple is truly even using these products any more?

Running any version of iOS 9 currently in release, beta or GM released today, open the podcasts app...play any video podcast you choose...it used to fill up the beautiful resolution screen display (on my iPad Air 2), but not any more! Ever since beta 1 of iOS 9, you get huge white bars on top and bottom of the screen and a VERY small rectangle in the middle in which to view your podcast!

Come on...this is Apple and not a third party app, this is their "flagship app" for podcasts!
How could they miss this from the beginning? And yes...I commented, commented and recommented through the public beta process feedback as well...not one change, not a hint anyone even cares about this!

Have you left feedback detailing the problem to Apple?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Some of those lyrics recovered me of the lyrics for Dangerous by Michael Jackson lol

I know, right?....(laughing)

The way she came into the palce
I knew right then and there
There was something different
About this girl

The way she moved
Her hair, her face, her lines
Divinity in motion

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site

I know, right?....(laughing)

The way she came into the palce
I knew right then and there
There was something different
About this girl

The way she moved
Her hair, her face, her lines
Divinity in motion

That was meant to say reminded by the way and not recovered lmao. Damn autocorrect and lol thanks for posting the lyrics lol

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

That was meant to say reminded by the way and not recovered lmao. Damn autocorrect and lol thanks for posting the lyrics lol

I knew what you meant, and I fall prey to the auto-correct feature all the time. I appreciate its convenience, but hate it when it corrects words that were already correct... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner