iOS 9 GM Developer - available

Status
Not open for further replies.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
So far for developers ... nothing for Public Beta yet...

Discuss the usual observations, issues, etc. here...

Edit to add...

[INFO]Public Beta testers... NOTE:
We do not get the GM... you have 2 choices... one, wait until next week when the public release happens... delete the beta profile, then update as one would normally update via iTunes or OTA... or, two, obtain a copy of the ipsw that's specific for your model of device, and install via iTunes...

And - Public Beta users who update to the GM... After deleting the Public Beta Profile from my devices and installing the GM... I'm now getting a notification that Public Beta 3 is now available to install... Bug...
[/INFO]

Last edited:

gwhizkids1

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: iOS 9 GM available

For those on AT&T and a phone lower than iPhone 6, can you report out if WiFi calling is an option in Phone Settings?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Probably install it tomorrow so I get a clean download

Sent from my 6th gen iPod touch using Tapatalk

baz1536

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

So far for developers ... nothing for Public Beta yet...

Discuss the usual observations, issues, etc. here...

Public beta won't get an update.
The public release is 16th September

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Public beta won't get an update.
This is the first time they've done the Public Beta with an X.0 release - and I've been poking around a number of forums outside of iMore and the opinion is mixed... some say it may happen later today, or maybe tomorrow and others are saying not at all... I do know that it is possible to obtain the GM and install via iTunes and I may very well do that...

baz1536

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

To install the GM you need to be a registered developer. It stands to reason public release is 16th therefore all members of the public will get it then.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

I would guess anyone on the public beta will get the final release along with everyone on the 16th.

bellifritz

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site

I had public beta 3 and I downloaded iOS 9 GM and installed it through iTunes as an update and it seems fine so far. I deleted the beta profile first.

baz1536

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

I had public beta 3 and I downloaded iOS 9 GM and installed it through iTunes as an update and it seems fine so far. I deleted the beta profile first.

Are you a registered developer as well?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

To install the GM you need to be a registered developer. It stands to reason public release is 16th therefore all members of the public will get it then.

That's why the GM will install through iTunes.

This is simply not true. You need to have access to the developer portal to get the GM from Apple, but anyone who gets it for their device can install it. There has never been any UDID check to install the GM release.

Please stop spreading things that are not true.

baz1536

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

This is simply not true. You need to have access to the developer portal to get the GM from Apple, but anyone who gets it for their device can install it.

Ok. Thought it was treated the same as a beta. It has been know that a GM and final release have been different as they released a second GM

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Ok. Thought it was treated the same as a beta. It has been know that a GM and final release have been different as they released a second GM

That has happened once that I can recall. GM is always (save that one instance) the same build as the Generally Available release.

bellifritz

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site

This is simply not true. You need to have access to the developer portal to get the GM from Apple, but anyone who gets it for their device can install it. Please stop spreading things that are not true.

That's what I thought.

baz1536

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

This is simply not true. You need to have access to the developer portal to get the GM from Apple, but anyone who gets it for their device can install it. There has never been any UDID check to install the GM release.

Please stop spreading things that are not true.

Is your device registered?

And please don't accuse of spreading things that aren't true. Things can change etc. Have we got confirmation from anyone without a device registered that they have successfully installed the GM? I'm all for it and will be happy as then I will update my iPads aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox