iOS 9 GM Developer - available

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(8708013)

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: iOS 9 GM available

Just adding to the confirmation posts. I found the iOS 9 GM via Reddit. I installed it after a backup of my 8.4.1 install. Did an Option Restore in OS X and updated my 6 to iOS 9 and restored from my backup. The only hiccup I ran into was it initially had trouble signing into my iCloud account. I managed to get through it and it works fine. So far no issues, and no you do not need a developer account to run this. Do a google search to find it. Look for the link to Reddit for it.

Last edited:

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Good news it seems, Apple's code for third party keyboards seems to be more stable. SwiftKey pops up instantly and I haven't seen it not show text yet. It does still revert to stock for multiple text fields though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Now the question is do I install 9.0 GM or 9.1 b1 ahhhh dang you Apple lol

Marcus Vasquez

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
iOS 9 GM available

On the iOS 9.0 GM I've installed on my iPhone 6 16g. Man this is really glitchy I wonder if I have a bad download. I did a Full restore from iTunes .

Marcus Vasquez

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

Can't really explain but menu to close all apps running stutters. My spotlight part was black and white for a while, weather app froze and some apps have fc'ed. Have you had any issues! I'm not a Dev and got the GM from a different website.

Matthew C

May 23, 2015
Visit site

Bug...

Public Beta users who update to the GM... After deleting the Public Beta Profile from my devices and installing the GM... I'm now getting a notification that Public Beta 3 is now available to install...

Same here, also got a 1 badge on my settings icon and at update. Also went into storage and deleted the iOS 9 public beta download...1 is still there even thought when I go into updates it says its all up to date. Hopefully someone finds a fix because right now I cant find it. Do you have a 1 badge too?

gwhizkids

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site

Now it's taunting me. I got the same notification on both my iPad and iPhone, yet no update was available when I went there. Public beta...

View attachment 90951

Attachments

• iMoreAppImg_20150910_002922.jpg
    iMoreAppImg_20150910_002922.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 53

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

Could only find a torrent for the GM... And it has been taking forever to download;
I also got an email for the El Capitan GM, but after downloading it says it's corrupted... Tried that os x install twice already

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

iCloud backup still fails. It hasn't backed up since the last release of the beta. Early August.

It's worse now. I was able to force the iCloud backup ( Settings > iCloud > Backup > Backup Now) until the past weekend... since Saturday afternoon, I have not been able to force the iCloud backup, either... and iCloud backup reports "Last backup" as 08/06/15, even though I have backed up to iCloud multiple time since then.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

iCloud backup still fails. It hasn't backed up since the last release of the beta. Early August.

It's worse now. I was able to force the iCloud backup ( Settings > iCloud > Backup > Backup Now) until the past weekend... since Saturday afternoon, I have not been able to force the iCloud backup, either... and iCloud backup reports "Last backup" as 08/06/15, even though I have backed up to iCloud multiple time since then.

Had this issue earlier tonight. When I plugged into iTunes the iCloud backup in summary said I hadn't done one since July 30, 1910 or some dumb date and I backed up to iTunes but didn't encrypt cause the last time I did that it kept saying my backup couldn't be restored so I didn't want to risk it since I had no current iCloud backup from the betas. I got a fail message a couple times then I tried it again and it just worked. I also did delete an older backup I had from June.

Now though I'm super pissed because when I restored from my iTunes backup and repaired my watch restoring from that backup all of my activity data is gone from when I got it on release day. My next backup is from 8/10/15 and I'm pretty sure my data is still intact from that so I don't know if I should restore from that backup and just lose the month of data or lose it all. So mad!!

The Lannisters send their regards.

baz1536

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

Just adding to the confirmation posts. I found the iOS 9 GM via Reddit. I installed it after a backup of my 8.4.1 install. Did an Option Restore in OS X and updated my 6 to iOS 9 and restored from my backup. The only hiccup I ran into was it initially had trouble signing into my iCloud account. I managed to get through it and it works fine. So far no issues, and no you do not need a developer account to run this. Do a google search to find it. Look for the link to Reddit for it.

Why would not select option and update then you wouldn't have needed to restore a backup it just upgrades the device.

Miska Hietala

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

Does those shift + clicks work with PC? when I tried to archive a backup I bumped to problem not so much discussed that certain commands in iTunes works only with mac...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR