If I upgrade to iOS 9 Public Beta OTA..will I be able to OTA update to the GM release?

I

iMore Question

If i upgrade to iOS 9 Public Beta OTA....

If i upgrade to iOS 9 Public Beta OTA will i be able to OTA Update to the GM Release or would i have to restore to iOS 8.4.1. then OTA Update to iOS 9?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: If i upgrade to iOS 9 Public Beta OTA....

When the iOS 9 release goes public, you delete the public beta profile from the device, and update normally.

Ben13

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site

So I won't have to downgrade and restore to go to the GM 9. All I'll have to do is delete the profile and the GM version will automatically show up un "Software Updates"

Ben13

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site

Okay. I was worried that i would have to restore and lose all my apps. Glad to hear i won't have to! Thanks man.

Ben13

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site

When the iOS 9 release goes public, you delete the public beta profile from the device, and update normally.

One more quick question, will I install iOS 9 GM OTA first then delete the beta profile? Or will I delete the beta profile then upgrade OTA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remy De Leeuw

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
If I upgrade to iOS 9 Public Beta OTA..will I be able to OTA update to the GM...

Install THE profile. Then THE beta. And when THE full version is available delete THE profile and THE new update should be there

Sent from my spacey grey  6

allipki

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Re: If I upgrade to iOS 9 Public Beta OTA..will I be able to OTA update to the GM...

where do you delete the profile? somewhere in settings?

AABAAF

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: If I upgrade to iOS 9 Public Beta OTA..will I be able to OTA update to the GM...

What about those of us that have 9 Beta 3 now, how can we get 9 GM?

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site

It will be available later on during the day when they release it via OTA you would have to update your beta 3 though I thought we were up to beta 5.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Good question... If it doesn't come via usual channels, the GM will be available via unofficial sources and can be installed via iTunes.

allipki

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site

on my 6plus under profile I have only xfinity wifi security profile, nothing for ios beta?
any suggestions what to do?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

It will be available later on during the day when they release it via OTA you would have to update your beta 3 though I thought we were up to beta 5.

The GM is not released OTA. At least not that I recall.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

on my 6plus under profile I have only xfinity wifi security profile, nothing for ios beta?
any suggestions what to do?

Download the GM via the usual channels, as stated above.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

This whole thread is now pretty much a moot point as iOS 9.1 Public Beta 1 is available...

If you still have the beta profile installed - check for a software update... if you need to reinstall the beta profile, go to beta.apple.com - sign in, and follow the directions to enroll devices... install the profile, reboot devices, then check for the 9.1 beta download,,,

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711