iMore now in the Apple News App

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
For those on an iOS9 beta... If you have the News App, you can now add IMore to your news feed... Happy Reading... :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For those on an iOS9 beta... If you have the News App, you can now add IMore to your news feed... Happy Reading... :)

Yeah, it was like that via beta 4, but it crashed on occasions, but thus far, it's pretty stable with beta 5 on my device.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What I dislike about the news app, in general, is that the read articles headlines are not grayed out or faded enough to distinguish between read and unread. Maybe the unread listing needs to be darker or I'm just getting old...:)

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the prompt to check out news, I'm in Australia, so just had to change the region to USA as noted in this forum elsewhere (you can leave your language as "English (Australia)".

The news app is clean and quite good, not sure about the fixed layout (will need to poke around), love that it marks items as read (unlike flipboard, would be great if they changed this one item) and also love that I can add "topics" rather then just news sources (still looking for a replacement to Zite.....love it, but is on it's last legs).

PS - I tried to turn my region back to Australia, to see if it would let me keep the "News" app, sadly it was no longer available on springboard, changed my region back and it came back, along with all my customisation.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73