Upgrade IOS 9 public beta...

CrazyJay17

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Phone keeps saying a new iOS update is now available. Please update from the iOS 9 beta. But when I go to look at software updates it says I'm already up to date so I'm not understanding? If anyway could help that'd be awesome!

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I am on the latest beta. It's build 13A4325c. Maybe try rebooting the device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Did you install the dev beta and then tried to install the public beta by downloading the profile?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My updates always fails whenever I try to update. Anyone having the same problem?

If you're registered with Apple's beta program, have downloaded and installed the beta profile and you are connected to a stable internet connection then the process should work. Keep trying.

AMCTheaters

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I just got the same popup. I know I'm up to date according to every Apple news site I use, and I also don't think Apple would release an update at midnight.

alcor34

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Phone keeps saying a new iOS update is now available. Please update from the iOS 9 beta. But when I go to look at software updates it says I'm already up to date so I'm not understanding? If anyway could help that'd be awesome!

I just got that popup too for the first time this eve. Got all excited. I wonder if after pressing the prompt something happens in the background that doesn't require an actual download and update. Who knows.

AMCTheaters

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Ummm, no.

You mean you don't find it the least bit infeasible that Apple would push out an update on a Saturday night on a holiday weekend and give users a push notification about it whose only available action is Close? Even the "This update is ready to be installed" alerts give a button to go directly to Settings to install it.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
That too! Could it be malware...?

Ummm, no.

You mean you don't find it the least bit infeasible that Apple would push out an update on a Saturday night on a holiday weekend and give users a push notification about it whose only available action is Close? Even the "This update is ready to be installed" alerts give a button to go directly to Settings to install it.

It is far more likely an explanation of the situation than to suggest that the whole iOS beta universe has been infected with malware.

It's some kind of fluke that at this point is mysterious... but it's not malware. Could be a bug, that was left in the build already to trigger 09/06 by mistake. Only time will tell.

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
It is far more likely an explanation of the situation than to suggest that the whole iOS beta universe has been infected with malware.

It's some kind of fluke that at this point is mysterious... but it's not malware. Could be a bug, that was left in the build already to trigger 09/06 by mistake. Only time will tell.

This sounds like the only thing it could possibly be.

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
Same thing happened to me it said new update is available please update then two things happened the first one you mentioned which was iOS is up to date, then kept saying checking for updates then said update unavailable please try again later

AABAAF

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Got the same message on both Air 2, and 6 Plus. So far iMore seems to be only place aware of it. If you Google it, nothing matching this comes up.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods